Welcome to life

*A month later*

Jack's POV

The nurse comes to me with a look on her face that tells me that something went wrong, I keep looking at her while I understand that she's trying to find the right words to tell me something "I'm sorry but your son didn't make it" she says and my eyes start to fill up with tears "NO! NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE" I start yelling and then I wake up and see Jethro that's almost above me while looking at me with a concerned looking on his face then I feel the baby kicking and that really reassures me...it was just a nightmare...Jethro caresses my cheek "Nightmare?" he asks and he lays down next to me again "Yeah...really bad nightmare..." I answer and look at him "What was it about?..." he asks as he gently strokes his hand through my hair "The baby...d...d..." I stop when I start to feel that I'm not able to spell that word without feeling bad "Ok...ok...it's ok, it was just a nightmare and it won't be the reality, don't worry" he reassures me and kisses me on the cheek, I'm seriously so lucky to have him by my side, he always makes me feel so safe and loved.

*Some weeks later*

I wake up at 5:45 a.m. because the little cowboy starts kicking and that's not unusual since during the last days he started doing it even more frequently than before and when it happens during the night it's kinda annoying since it's hard for me to fall asleep again but still I know that once he'll be born I'll miss these moments so much. I put my hand on my baby bump and feel the baby kicking and, as I do so, I notice Jethro's hand on my baby bump and his head on my shoulder, he's awake and has a small and sweet smile on his face and it's just the cutest thing, he notices that I'm looking at him and kisses me on the cheek, these are literally the best moments, just the three of us and I really can't wait to meet my little cowboy and when we'll finally meet him, another journey will start.

Jethro gently puts his hand under my chin and makes me turn my head to look at him sonce by that time I was looking at our hands on my belly, I look at him with a questioning look on my face as his face gets closer to mine and then he kisses me, I kiss him back and after a minute or two we end the kiss and I lean my forehead against his as our lips keep being close to each other and we look into each other's eyes and for a moment I kinda get lost in his beautiful icy blue eyes, it's almost like I'm hypnotized by them and it's kinda crazy since the one that usually "gets hypnotized" is Jethro since he always stares at me and he's able to do that for hours and still I can't understand what does he find in me that keeps his attention on me for long periods of time in which, the only thing that seems to exist for him it's me and that's also kinda cute. He slowly puts his arm around my shoulders under my neck and gently pulls me closer to him and keeps looking at me, with that usual look of his that is kinda hypnotic, he movees his hand away from my stomach and moves a lock of hair behind my ear as he smiles at me, that beautiful smile of his, I really love seeing him smiling "I love you so much" I say as I keep looking at him "I love you more" he replies as he caresses my cheek "That's impossible, cowboy" I say and gently poke his nose with my finger "That's so possible" he says a little bit annoyed and rolls his eyes "Yeah sure, we could definitely argue on that" I say a little annoyed too but then we both start chuckling since we know so well that we could really argue on that and continue saying that for a long time since we've done it before and usually at some point he lets me "win" so that we stop and he's always annoyed by that "Love, I should get ready to go to work" he says as he puts his arm around my waist "Then why are you still here, cowboy?" I ask as I smile at him "Because of you" he replies and smiles back at me "Why? What did I do?" I ask curious to know what kind of excuse he will make up this time since I didn't do anything "You're too beautiful and it's so nice to lay in bed with you that I don't want to get up" he says and kisses me on the cheek a few times, how can he be so cute in the morning? He's really so sweet "Ehm...actually that's not my fault, it's my parents fault if I'm beautiful like you say, you can complain to them about this when you'll meet them" I say and chuckle slightly as I caress his cheek "Well still your fault, especially the fact that I want to keep laying here with you and it's only with you that this happened after so long" he says and runs his fingers in circular motions on my side "Ok" I say and try to not smile "Ok?! C'mon seriously?!" he asks annoyed "I'm here all nice trying to say something romantic and you just answer with "ok"? Seriously?" he says annoyed "You're such an idiot" I say and smile at him "You love me so much" he says with his usual know-it-all look on his face "Maybe" I reply with a teasing tone of voice "There’s no maybe" he says with a kinda annoyed tone of voice but then we look at each other and start laughing a little, he holds me tight close to him and we start kissing for some time, I love spending time with him like this, it just feels good, he's just so amazing, I've never loved anyone as much as I love him and honestly I'm kinda scared that when the baby will be born it'll be difficult to find some time just for us..."Ok, now I really have to go, my love" he says and to be honest I don't like that idea because I would stay like this with him all day but unfortunately I can't "Nooo, five more minutes cowboy, pleaseeee" I say almost with a child like tone of voice because I don't want him to go "Sorry, love" he says smiling at me and kisses me on the cheek a few times before getting up. Then he goes to the bathroom to get dressed and after some minutes I hear the door open and close so I know that now I'm home alone with Lucy and honestly I already miss him so much as usual, so I slowly get up and go in the living room with Lucy, I sit on the couch and she lays down next to me with her head on my legs, after a few minutes I start to feel a little hungry so I go in the kitchen and eat something for breakfast, after that I go back in the living room and go back on the couch with Lucy, I look around for some minutes and then start reading my book.