49: 𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘧 ✦

"Are you okay bubs?" Gio asks me when Alek and I re-enter the room.

"Mhm, b-better now," I reply, giving him a little smile.

He smiles back, his small dimples showing. Alek drags me back to our seats on the couch, keeping my hand in his. I watch as everyone else bickers about something but I don't pay attention to exactly what they're saying, too lost in my weird thoughts.

Why are cats (specifically Apollo) so cute?
Why is Alek so perfect?
I wanna travel somewhere out of the country or state.
Omg, we should go to Paris.

"Can w-we go to Paris?" The words leave my mouth before I can think.

Poop.

I turn to Alek, looking at him while he looks at me with an amused look on his beautiful face. His lips are in a little grin that instantly makes me grin too. "You're so weird, darling, but of course we can. One day, I promise you," he whispers.

"Yay," I softly say back, giving him a teasing kiss by the corner of his lips.

He lifts our hands to his lips, giving the back of mine a soft lingering kiss that makes my cheeks turn light pink.

"You're so adorable, hm?"

"S-so are you," I respond, smiling when he frowns.

"No," he deadpans. I laugh a little.

He attempts to take his hand away from mine, making me grab it with both of my hands and hold it tightly to my stomach. "Y-yes you are, d-darling."

Before Alek can argue more, we're interrupted by Atticus.

"Yes, Alek you are adorable because Elvi says so. Now shut up and accept it."

Alek gives him a mean glare that doesn't affect Atty at all.

"Now, do you guys think mermaids are real?" He asks.

"Yes!" I exclaim, causing everyone to look at me weirdly. "Wh-what? I've b-been waiting for the m-moment to t-talk about this," I inform with a cheek hurting smile on my face.

I hear Alek mutter an "oh god". I slapped him in the chest for that and begin my rant about why mermaids are one hundred percent real. All of them listen closely, answering when I ask a question and nodding their head when needed.

Zion did call me crazy once or twice.

~

I scream (more like squeal) when I see the giant triple chocolate cake sitting on the kitchen island. "Who, who's is it, d-daddy?" I ask.

I do a little happy dance that mostly consists of wiggling my booty while eyeing the yummy cake like it's Alek. He groans after laughing a bit and grabs my waist, his veins becoming more prominent when he tightens them on my hips.

"You can have a piece, baby."

"Are y-you just saying th-that and then gonna f-fight whoever tries t-to tell me no? And only one piece?" I loudly gasp, turning to the man.

This time he laughs loudly, the enchanting sound filling my ears and putting every part of me at ease.

"I'm not just saying that, love," he says, tilting my head up. "And you can have as many pieces as you want," he adds.

He leans his head down, giving me a soft peck on my lips and nose before going to get me a plate and fork.