That Night

Okay, so I'm sorry for abandoning this fic but I'm back and given new inspiration thanks to @OmegaKT who has both given me a suggestion and a new character to introduce!

________________________________________________________________________________

Her power allows her to connect to the minds and emotions of others. She can feel the emotions of those around her and can hear their passing conscious thoughts, like a second voice. With a bit of concentration, she can block it so she won't hear their thoughts, but can still sense a few of their emotions. She can also share emotions, which she often uses to ground people and help them calm down. She usually doesn't go through minds without consent bc of her morals, but in some cases, such as making a point or trying to calm someone down, she'll make an exception.  She usually calls it Empathy because she prefers to keep her animal forms a secret. 

Hinata can transform into animals or use animal traits, such as wings or claws. Her favorite creatures to pull from, are cats and wolves. Sometimes she'll kind of subconsciously shift with her emotions, like sharp teeth when she's mad, or ears and tail that reflect her mood and/or stress level. 

(Yes, I know I use her for a different character in my shot book but I couldn't find one that fit the description of Hinata that I had in mind and she was the closest one I had

(Yes, I know I use her for a different character in my shot book but I couldn't find one that fit the description of Hinata that I had in mind and she was the closest one I had.)

Her mission outfit is an all-black jumpsuit with a belt and thin, dim red stripes that accentuate her body shape and help with camouflage. This is made out of nanotech so it can change with her shifting and is controlled by a gray collar. The nanites can change color and form different outfits, but she usually picks plain dark colors, like black or gray, and a bit of purple/magenta to match her eyes. The nanotech "dies" from the shoulder line and below when she turns the collar off to transform it into regular clothing. The remaining "live" nanobots retreat into the collar and rapidly multiply when the collar is reactivated.

Backstory: She was kidnapped by villains at age 6, so she doesn't remember her family name and has no other memories of her past before she was turned into an experiment. She was caged and used for a while, though they only explored her quirk. Eventually, she was trained as an assassin and was the best and youngest they've ever had, the elite Agent 24. She's good at suppressing emotions and has trouble showing them, but she knows-

She doesn't want to keep following orders. Her emotions and moral compass are suppressed and messed up, but she wants to run away. Combine that with her dangerous missions, and it's a perfect excuse for her to be injured out on the streets and then react badly to a new environment. She loves chocolate, but it easily makes her sick. She's American, but her training was in Japan, so she's fluent and knows the culture and everything. She's not super trusting, but she does want to help people, even though she's afraid of her kidnappers/handlers. Personality-wise, she's very kind and clever and commonly acts as a therapist for her new family sometimes because she just wants to help with their pain.
________________________________________________________________________________