Tragedy

Izuku's POV

It's been at least a couple or so years since I started living as Richard John Grayson and I had to say, life in a circus was definitely amusing and fun. Most of the stalls had banned me from playing since I knew all their tricks. So, as revenge, I spread around some of my knowledge to a few kids. That got me into a bit of trouble. Nothing too bad though.

I remember when I was just getting back to our home, I had heard gunshots. From inside. Terrified, I resorted to hiding. Moments after I hid, I watched as men hauled two bags out of the car. Two bags. And they didn't look like trash bags or backpacks. I deduced that those two bags were nothing other than body bags. Body bags for the dead. I waited. Cruel, cold laughter reached my ears as another man stepped out with a gun in his hands. I saw red. But instead of lashing out, I stayed as silent as a mouse. I waited. And waited. And waited. I waited until the entire circus was empty and the other souls who called the circus their home were dead asleep.

That was when I gathered my courage to enter my home. Tears flowed out of my eyes as I found blood staining the walls and the floor. I tried to salvage any decent clothing that fit me. I salvaged any packaged food. I salvaged anything I required to survive. Then I ran. I knew the circus would kick me out later anyway. So instead of waiting for it, I ran off. But left the circus a note on our door. The note explained what I knew and told them of what I saw.

On the run, I expected the worst. Which proved to be exactly what happened to me. Ha! Thank my dead first-set adoptive parents for warning me of where we were! My adoptive mother had told me that we were in Gotham, or at least near it. On research, I found dreadful things about it as well as interesting news. It had a vigilante. A vigilante protecting it. Gotham also had insanity written all over it on my opinion. Insanity I tell you!

I was found and brought to an adoption center and the place was horrible. As expected of Gotham. I absolutely hated it. But thankfully, someone had taken interest in me before I even spent a week in the hellhole. What I didn't expect was to find myself an adopted child to a wealthy playboy philanthropist. Who adopted me? It was none other than Bruce Wayne.

By this time, I was already 8 years old. I was found by the Graysons when I had apparently de-aged to a 4 year old kid. I also figured that Bruce was Batman, the vigilante who was better known as "The Dark Knight: Batman". Since I knew, he figured that it'd be fine to start training me for combat and I debuted as his sidekick. I was called as "The Boy Wonder: Robin" and together, Bruce and I were commonly referred to as the Dynamic Duo. I later then became Nightwing  but everytime I worked with Batman, I was Robin. We'd decided that Batman should have a Robin so it stuck.

Joker had managed to get his insane hands on me once. I was only a 10 year old back then and it terrified me. Hell, he even marked me! Gave me scars and nightmares! I was lucky that Batman had found me before half an hour later. I managed to finish Elementary school at age 10 too and even picked up several other languages like Latin, Greek, Spanish, and some Russian. Due to living in Gotham for years now, I learned English and was fluent. I didn't drop Japanese though I didn't really use it that much either.

When the Justice League was formed, I kinda followed after them for quite a while before forming two other groups myself. The "Teen Titans" and the "Outsiders". Then one day, I was with the Outsiders. We were working and goofing off at our hideout when I just suddenly started to glow a little. Then it stopped. The next thing I knew, I was fading and "disintegrating"! Everything I had on me, my scars, my suit, my phone, my toys, my hidden wallet... They faded and left with me. I remembered my origin before I was sent back and quickly yelled out "I'll be back in roughly a millennia! If I get back to Gotham, I'll look for anything y'all left behind for me!"