Chapter Three - Feathers and Feelings

Phil's words echoed in everyones mind. Am I ready for this? We're just kids, this is insane-! Why me?

"Don't risk your life for that nonsense. Join me and I'll show you true power." said a dark voice. Phil, realizing that the Everdark was near, unsheathed a pitch black sword, and flew upwards to find the source. Not even a minute passes by, and a man wearing a skull mask and a dark suit and tie walks out of the thick surrounding fog that covers the surronding mountains.

"So, here we are. Any of you taking up the deal? Eh?" He holds out a hand for anyone to shake. Looking up at Phil's shadow, he smirks. "Philza Minecraft. Training a buncha newbies? Took ya forever. Anyway, best I get out of here. Boss'll kill me if he knew I was here."

The man dissapears in a puff of smoke, as Phil drops back down. "Just a clone." Phil mutters as he touches back to the ground.

"Who was that?" Mika asks, seeming in a panic.

"A minion of Keres. But let's not worry about that now. For now, we need to start your training!" Phil strides back towards the battlefield by the corner of the castle grounds. The battlefield, a large sandy patch, has good terrain for battle practice. "Now then, you all probably don't know your powerset, except for Ranboo here, so let's start with that."

"Um, Mr. Phil, I have a question." Tubbo pipes up. "Wouldn't our parents be looking for us right now?"

"No, no. I texted your parents and put something like "hey im having a sleepover at wil's house and we r gonna go watch movies so yeah" so they'll be fine. Besides, when we get back, only like, 2 minutes will have passed so-" Ranboo calmly states.

"What he said. Now then, who'd like to test their powers first?" Wilbur strides forward with confidence.

"YEAH GO BIG MAN YOU GOT THIS!" yells Tommy, filling Wil with confidence.

"Aight, Wilbur..." One of Phil's wings stretches out, and a feather flies out, swirls itself around Wilbur, and then it flies into Phil's hand. "Ah, a wonderful powerset, yes."

"So... what are my powers?"

"Phasing, Levitation, Invisibility, Gliding, and limited flight. Why don't we try phasing first? Imagine that the floor isn't there, and just go through it."

Wilbur concentrates for a moment, and a soft golden glow covers his entirety. As the glow resolves, Wilbur starts to slowly sink into the ground, until he has completely sunk into the ground.

"Aight, Wil! You can come up now!" Phil shouts with glee.

"Ayup." Wil appears behind Tommy and hits him on the head.

"Aw, piss off Wil." Tommy grumbles.

"Good! I mean, don't hit people, but good!" Phil chuckles. "Now, who wants to go next?"

"I'll go!" Shelby bounds towards the empty space in the battlefield.

"Shelby, Shelby..." Phil mutters as he does a feather scan. "Interesting. Chlorokinesis, pheromone manipulation, healing, and flower manipulation. Essentially flower powers." Phil paused for a moment to think, and as his eyes darted up, he saw the rest of the teens standing there. "Oh, erm, you all can head inside for a bit. We don't need everyone out here, so yeah."

"I'll stay here just to watch. This is interesting." Meghan plopped herself down onto a nearby bench as the others, except Mika and Wilbur, headed towards the castle.

"Yeah! Go Shelby!!" Mika hollered as she sat next to Meghan. Wilbur strolled to a tree next to the bench, and leaned against it.

"Didn't think you'd be the type to watch this." Meghan smirks at Wilbur a bit. "Or, you're just here because of Shelby."

As Meghan speaks, Wilburs face is tinged a crimson red of embarrasment. "NO! No, that's- I just- You-" he stammers, obviously flustered. Meghan wasn't wrong though. For the longest time, Wilbur had a crush on Shelby ever since the group was little. Everyone, except somehow Shelby, who was completely oblivious to his feelings for her, knew of his crush on her, and often jokingly teased him about it. "SHUT IT-!" Wilbur stomped off towards the castle where the majority of the group was.

——————————————————————

wowie woah this had a lot! next chapter will really knock your socks off though! (god i sound like an old person)

side note - since chapter four is so short, it'll be released with chapter five (hopefully)

id say if we reach chapter five and you are enjouing this, leave a like or whatever wattpad has idk man im new here

- m.p