Chapter Twelve - The Battle at The Gamers' Estate / An Ally in the Rough

After a few seconds of the jocks exiting the room, Tommy opened his eyes and sat up. Looking around the room, it looked like a weird slumber party. Quickly, Tommy shook Wilbur, who groggily started to awaken. "Ngh... Tommy-?" Wilbur sat up as well. Looking around, Wilbur sat with a terrified expression on his face. "What... what happened here?"

"The jocks rigged the room with sleep gas. I saw them with gas masks, so I managed to not breathe in anything. Now, help me wake the others."

Swiftly, the two began to shake the others awake. Once all of them were awake, Tommy spoke, "Ok, so the jocks knocked everyone out, and they're probably heading to get the book, so we should stop them."

"Well, what are we standing around for?" Shelby yells. "Let's go!"

The group takes off, with Wilbur starting to phase himself, and Tommy summoning his wings. They swiftly bound up the stairs, and reach the Library Dome, which is the Gamers' Estate library. Within the room lined with bookcases the size of redwood trees, the Jocks stand, all of them grinning at something.

"Put it down, Dream." Wilbur says, as the others stand beside him.
Dream, his masked face dark, as the light is behind him, frowns. "You know what? I don't think I will. Think fast." Dream smiles, and in a blur, disappears. Behind the Powers, Dream says, "Keres needs this. And if we get on his good side, we'll be the next in line. So, back off." Dream tackles Wilbur to the ground, and starts to beat him with the book. Wilbur, after taking a few hits, phases into the ground. Dream falls to the ground, still holding the book, as he stands. Sapnap raises his hands at the Powers, and out of his palms erupts a gigantic flame, the color of the sun. Before it can hit the Powers, a large wave of clear-blue water rushes over the flame blast, putting it out with a hiss. "I-I did it-!" Meghan cheers as she sends another wave towards Sapnap. George pivots on his heel to not get splashed by the wave, as he flicks his hand and a lightning bolt zaps from it, however, it just misses the Powers, zapping the wall above.

"Those glasses aren't doing so well for you, huh, George?" Tommy grins as he punches George in the chin, knocking him to the ground.

"You'll...all....PAY-!" Dream shouts, as the books on the shelf fall with a thud. Soon, the books start moving, and form a cluster. The cluster wobbles a bit, but a leg of books forms, and then another, and soon, the books become a weird mish-mash golem. It roars (somehow) with its paper-y mouth and it crashes its 'hands' at the Powers, knocking them all to the ground. Tubbo weakly raises a hand and forms it as if he were holding a baseball. Suddenly, a bright yellow light from inside the book golem shines through the cracks. It roars in painful agony as the sound of shredding paper echoes through the library. The weakened powers notice Dream stepping through a gooey black portal. He notices the exhaustion that the powers have, and he smiles. "Night-y night!" He cackles evilly. The powers groan as their bodies ache in pain and soreness. And their last sight before blacking out is Dream stepping through the portal, and cockily holding up the book of enlightenment, mouthing, "Good luck."

——————————————————————
————————— later... —————————

"ᵍᵘʸˢ... ᵍᵘʸˢˀ ʷᵃᵏᵉ ᵘᵖᵎ ....ᴄ'ᴍᴏɴ! WAKE UP-!" Puffy's voice fades in as the powers awaken. Still in the library, they groan in pain as they all sit up. Puffy, who stands in the doorway, grimaces slightly. She helps them all stand as a worried expression appears on her face. "I, uh, figured out what happened after waking up, so I looked around before anyone else woke up. They..." She pauses, her ear lowering slightly. "...they have it, don't they? The book?"

The powers look ashamed as Mika nods solemnly. "We couldn't stop them. They just-" She sighs and shakes her head.

"Well, I think stopping the evil is going to be a LOT harder without any help, so mind if I help you all? It could be a team thing!" Puffy holds out her hand, as her other hand clenches into a fist. The powers are taken aback, as they didn't expect this level of kindness. Meghan pushes the others aside, "What are you all waiting for? Of course you can help!" She gladly shakes Puffy's hand, however she shakes it too hard, and Puffy is rattled.

"Welcome to the team! I think we need a name though..." Ranboo ponders.

"I've actually got one in mind..." Puffy says. "How about the Divine Army?"

——————————————————————

...

-mp