Chapter Fourteen - Into the Forest Depths

Shelby grumbled. "Where the hell are we going? We've been driving for like, 40 minutes."

"Dunno, dude. He said he knew a spot." Mika says, as she follows the large van. They've driven far into the forest at this point, the sunlight shining only in small rays, the snowy woods thick and dim. Both vehicles headlights were on, as to see through the flurry of snow that befell the area.

"This place looks like a christmas horror movie in the waiting." Puffy grimaces as she looks out of the car window, small twinkles of light shooting by every couple seconds.

After a couple more minutes, the van turns into a hidden pathway, one that was covered in lots of brush and flora, and the group stops in a large forest clearing, walled off by the trees. As the girls step out of the car, they hear, albeit muffled, the guys singing at the top of their lungs, "-TO THE THICK OF IT! INTO THE THICK OF IT! WE'RE-"

"HEY! WE'RE HERE!" Mika widens her eyes impatiently as the others stretch.

"Oh. Yeah.." Wilbur turns off the engine, and the rest of the group gets out of the van. Stepping out, Wilbur smiles widely. "Ah, I've always loved this place. Welcome everyone, to the Grotto! My father showed me this place when I was young, and I've loved it ever since!"

"So, is this the place you run to when you write music?" Tubbo asks.

"Or that one time you got rejected at the elementary school dance?" Shelby pipes in.

"WE DON'T MENTION SALLY-" Wilbur inhales sharply as he obviously tries to hold back many conflicting emotions. "Ok, well, we're here, now let's train."

"I'll go one by one to all of you for training notes, and you all can pass Phil's notes around to study. I'll start with Tommy."

"Cool." He says.

——————————————————————

The group split up into small groups. Puffy was with Tommy, while the rest split into sparring groups, with Tubbo, Mika, and Wilbur split into one group, and Shelby, Meghan, and Ranboo in the other.

"Ok, Tommy, we're gonna-" Puffy starts, as small explosions from the spar ring out from behind. "we're gonna try and test your-" BOOM "- your capability limits at flight-"

"Take that!" Meghan yells as she sends down ice blasts from her leap in the sky at Wilbur, who dodges and swings at her. However, before she can land on the ground, a portal opens up, and she casually falls in, only to pop out another portal and to land safely on the ground.

Ranboo stands behind Meghan and Shelby, as he strategically creates portals to their advantage, occasionally freezing people or teleporting to juke people out. Tubbo launches boulders towards the other team, while Mika summons spirits to fight alongside her.

—————————————————————
————— Later... —————

"Ok, Wilbur, Ranboo," Puffy starts, as she speaks to the both of them. "Since your powers aren't very good for fighting, I think you both should learn something.." She opens her laptop, types something in, and shows the two guys a picture of a bow staff. "How would you both feel about learning to use this?"

—————————————————————

lol sorry this chapter is a bit late and short i forgot abt this for a hot second and i was busy with stuff. also, since school is starting in like 2 weeks as of rn, i'll probably be posting slower, maybe a weekend or so skipped. anyways, hope yall enjoyed!

peace out peeps,

mashed potatoes n gravy