Chapter Five - Nighttime Talks and Red Faces

After the training, the riled up teenagers said goodbye to Phil for the day, and Ranboo teleported everyone home. To everyone's surprise, no time had passed since when they left, despite the fact that they had been training for hours. At Wilbur's house, all of them watched movies and ate plenty of snacks in front of the large living room television, before soon enough, most everyone had fallen asleep. The only two people awake, Wilbur and Ranboo looked at each other with a subtle grin as the sound of soft snoring and breathing was the only thing in a quiet night.

"Hey, Ranboo?" Wilbur whispered, trying to not awaken anyone, especially Shelby, who had peacefully fallen asleep on him. Ranboo, quietly teleported over toward Wilbur, and leaned down to talk.

"Yeah?" Ranboo was a bit wide-eyed.

"Thank you. For this. It really is cool." Wilbur held up a small pin where he had his golden gem.

"..." Ranboo smiled. "Yeah!" he whispered. "It really was no big deal. But we have... a lot... ahead of us."

"Don't worry about it, Big Man! We'll be fine." Wilbur patted Ranboo on his back.

Ranboo's smile faltered a bit, before he teleported back to his sleeping bag. "Sure. Good night!"

"Good Night!"

And so, the night passed on. The moon shone over the cold winter-swept town, and soon enough, the sun began to rise. The orange morning light shone first through the large kitchen window. And past the window, a black crow flew. After a bit, the light hit the faces of the teens, and they started to awaken.

"Ngh..." Shelby groaned as the bright light shone on her face. As she pushed herself up, she noticed that she had fallen asleep on Wilbur. Immediately going red-faced, Shelby shimmied over so she wouldn't be stuck next to Wilbur. Quickly after, the rest of her friends started to wake. Tommy, the next one awake, looked at Shelby, still red-faced, and then at Wilbur, who was right next to her.

"I saw you sleeping on Wil' last night. Literally." Tommy's face split into a grin. "It was cute!"

"Shut up!" She hissed.

"What are you two blabbing about at this hour?" Tubbo yawns and rubs his eyes sleepily.

Tommy snickers a bit and whisper-yells, "Wil and Shelby, sittin' in a tree, K-" Before Tommy can finish, he freezes. His eyes are filled with panic as an odd noise is released from his mouth.

Tubbo's eyes widen. "What did you do?" He looks at Shelby, who is ridden in panic.

"I- I must've activated my powers..." She stammers. "U-uh, release!" She holds up her hands towards Tommy, who falls over and gasps for air, which awakens everyone else.

"Ngh... whaz hap'ning." Mika groggily sits up, her hair a touch frazzled.

"Good morning...?" Wilbur looks around, laughs a bit and looks over at Shelby. "Have a good sleep?"

"Sure."

"All right, quit bickering, all of you!" Meghan stands up, and brushes some crumbs from the movie night snacks off of her sweatpants. "We should do some training, right? If this is some world-destroying stuff, we should be working hard to stop it! We all have one power mastered, so lets work on it!"

Yesterday, everyone worked with Phil to use one power. Shelby, as demonstrated earlier, used pheromone manipulation. Mika started her usage of necromancy, as Tommy started to try and summon his wings. Meghan used her hydrokinesis with ease, as did Tubbo with his Earth Manipulation. Soon, all of them mastered at least one power by the end of the training.

However, as Ranboo teleported them all to the training grounds, there was something different in the air. The gates were down, but a large gap was blown through them. A pillar of smoke rose from the castle, and immediately the group rushed in to find out what was happening.

——————————————————————

WoaAhHhhh~!!! Whats gonna happen? I mean, i already know and if you are re-reading this then you probably know as well- BUT FOR NEW READERS HOW WE FEELING? If you enjoy this at this point then leave a like or something idk

-m.p