Chapter Ten - Suits and Ties

Keres sat in his office with pride. He looked at the small framed photo of him and his beloved son, Karl, who was destined for greatness. In the faded and tattered photo, Karl was quite young, and wore a huge grin with a tooth missing. Keres sighed as he stood and looked through the large, clear window that overlooked the city of Business Bay, before turning on his heel and walking to the door out to the main area where his employees worked.

——————————————————————

"That doesn't sound ominous at all." Meghan scoffs sarcastically. "But, realistically, we should keep out guard up. Any warning, even if it's false, will push us more."

"Yeah, but still, let's just take time off until New Year's, then we can start grinding the training to the maximum." Tubbo shifts uncomfortably on his hooves.

And so, the teens continue on with life, meeting daily at Wilbur's home to talk and plan. In time, the two weeks fly by like seconds, and it's suddenly December 29th. The teens master the basic power that they learned with Phil, and their young bond grows tighter.

——————————————————————

Dunes Alliance. The number 1 trading business in the known world. Keres strolls past the employees working tiredly, and he grins. Keres' assistant, Quackity runs up to him and keeps pace next to him. "Sir, the machine is ready. We need a power source, but our research team has already found one, and they are sending a team in two days time. I'm very excited about this project, sir."

"Yeah, yeah." Keres seems mildly displeased. "The world won't see it coming. And if they do? Well," he chuckles. "It'll be the last thing they see."

"Sure." Quackity walks off, as he receives a call on his headset.

Keres walks into the lounge where the higher employees and people rest from working hard at projects. He sees sitting on a black comfy couch, Schlatt, Keres' right hand man, and Karl. "Karl, my boy, give your pop a hug!" Keres opens his arms as Karl stands up and leaps into the hug. "Hi, dad! How's work?"

"Good. The mission is going well. Soon, you'll be able to fight those evildoers and help save the world."

"I'm excited for that!" A buzz goes off in Karl's jacket pocket. He pulls out his phone and grins. "Hey, pop, I'm gonna go hang out with friends, is that alright?"

"Of course! Just be careful. Keep yourself safe."

"Course I will! I have my friends with me, nothing can happen if we're together!" Karl smiles at Keres as he walks out of the door. Once the door is shut and there's no one inside but Keres and Schlatt, Schlatt sighs. "Y'know, you can't keep hiding the truth from him forever." Schlatt gulps the beer bottle he's holding, and then burps. His messy hair showed Schlatt's drunkenness, and his horns, as Schlatt is a ram hybrid, were sharp and curled.

"I realize that, Schlatt. But, it's for the greater good. This world, it has broken itself into war and destruction. But my plan? It'll end all of it."

——————————————————————
—————— December 28th, 20xx ————

As Ranboo stepped outside, on the cold wintry dawn, he walked over, while still clothed in sweatpants and a baggy white shirt, to the mailbox, and opened with a creak. The road was enveloped in a thin fog, which was usual for the winter months. Inside the mailbox, along with the small spider that lived inside, was a small rectangular box. On the top of the box was a small message that said, "From, Phil Minecraft :)" in neat handwriting. Ranboo smiled and, walking back inside, tucked the package under his arm. In the front hall to the door, he noticed a letter on the kitchen counter that said, "Doug called in sick, I have to cover his shift, be home later! There's food in the fridge, but you can take care of yourself! -Mom" Ranboo smiled, and thought of his dad, who was out on a business trip.

"Take care of yourself, son! I'll be back as soon as I can!" His dad's words echoed in Ranboo's mind. Walking up to his room, Ranboo opened the package on his bed, and a letter from inside fluttered out. Opening it, it read,

"Dear Ranboo,

I've finished cleaning the castle, and I've decided- I'm going to travel away for a short time. Here are notes for each of you to train, as well as potions to use against Niki and the Everdark soldiers. Also a note, Niki, the fire-powered one, used to be on our side. She wasn't a Power, but she did have powers, if that makes sense. The potions are labeled, but use them carefully.

- Phil Z. Minecraft"

"Thanks Phil, I will."

——————————————————————
dadza minecraft poggers

- m.p