Chapter Seventeen - Waiting in the Wings

As the clamor started to settle, Meghan spoke up, "So how did you even find out she was a god?"

Phil's face turned to a grin. "Funny story, actually. One of the crows in my flock had died of natural disease, and she healed them. And then she told me."

Everyone stared wide-eyed at Phil's nonchalantly spoken statement. "You- she-" Tubbo stutters, his goat-like eyes confusedly darting around the room, as he inspects the mural.

"I know it's hard to understand. You'll understand it better when you're older. Maturity, and all."

"I'm VERY mature, thank you." Tommy grins as the others smirk.

"Sure thing, big man." Tubbo clapped the blonde on the back with a loud "smack", as everyone else giggled quietly.

"Anyway, how was training while I was gone?" Phil asks, his wings expanding as he stretches.

"Productive. The two tall people learned how to fight with sticks." Tommy snickered.

"They are bow staffs, thank you very much." Ranboo pushes his sunglasses up on his nose bridge.

"Anyways, very productive! Puffy is very good at helping us." Meghan fiddled with her hands as she spoke.

"Good, that is very good. Now then how about we-" Phil is cut off as a loud boom shakes the surrounding area, causing small dust particles to fall from the ceiling rafters. "-the hell wazzat?!" Phil's wings widen, as he flies through a skylight in the ceiling, one that went unnoticed by all.

"We should follow him." Puffy remarked. "Come on!" As she dashed out of the room, the others took a half-second of composure, before they followed their friend.

——————————————————————

"Progress Log - Number 476: The Universal Machine is making great progress. Our troops are currently gathering our power source, and in the meantime, our scientist have been working very hard on this project."

"Plutus, how is the work going?"

"Very well, Hades. We really only need our power source and the obstacles out of the way, and our work should be done from there."

"Ah," Hades remarked. "but alas, our work is never done. Not truly."

"Then we can start the party."

——————————————————————

Death sighed. She had seen thousands each passing day, and she longed for her angel to visit. Peering down into the fountain in front of her, the shimmer of the liquid illuminating her in the dark space, she carefully put her finger to the clear liquid, and the ripples shifted to an aerial view of Dea est Mors Castle. Her pride and joy.

But, alas, something was off. A fire, and the flock of crows were circling the perimeter. Death frowned. She hoped her angel was alright. But, of course, he wouldn't be endangered. He is also immortal, but not like the gods. Either way, she had no worries. Three mysterious figures stood in the courtyard of the grand castle. One, a girl with pink hair, seemed grumpy. Her superior, a woman with galaxy hair, was stern, and clearly annoyed by the third figure; a young boy, about 16-17 years of age, who was extremely elated about his situation.

"Something...is wrong." Death sighed.

——————————————————————

"Man, this is so exciting! My first mission!" The young boy said.

"Will you shut up? You'll alert the people we are trying to capture-!" The woman said.

"Will you back off of him? Or else I'll tell boss you were berating him. You know what'll happen to you."

"Yeah, Astraea."

Astraea huffed angrily, as she noticed Phil fly out of a domed wing of the castle. Quickly spotting them, he flew over and spoke with an infuriated tone.

"You do not belong here. Leave immediately or face the consequences."

"Finally, you made it. In fact, you're late to the party." Astraea shot a blast of energy at Phil, who dodged quickly.

"You made a mistake coming here. Time to pay the price." Phil unsheathed his sword, the blade crafted from the fires of the underworld. Swooping down, he swung the deadly blade.

——————————————————————

HEYYY WE BACK BABYYYYYY!!! IT TOOK FOREVER BUT I FINALLY GOT THIS DONE!! also: sorry its short i didnt really have much to write about for this one. also also, TY FOR 1k READS!! very insane wow

next chapter is gonna be wild but also take forever lol

-m.p