𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖😟

Ashish was in his cabin, in a deep thought. The questions bothered him. He kept muttering "I have moved on."

But his conscience said otherwise. Tears trickled down his eyes as flashes of his memories with Aditi came in front of his eyes. Their first kiss, YTFF, trips together, marriage and life after it.

The whole day, he hoped Erica wouldn't see that see that edit. He stared at the diamond ring. Why was it affecting him so much? He HAD moved on. Or was it just the heat of the moment that had made him think that he loved Erica?

He couldn't take the suspense anymore. He had crossed paths with Aditi 2½ years ago in Manali. After that, he hadn't met her. Nor did he ever have a word with her family. He searched for Aarav's number on his phone.

He was about call Aarav when his phone rang. It was Erica. He answered the phone.

Erica: Hello!!!

Ashish: Hi.

Erica: You sound so low!! Kya hua?

Ashish: Kuch nahi. I am kinda busy. I'll call you later. Bye.

Before she could say anything, he ended the call. He took his phone and searched for Aditi's Instagram account. But what ticked him off was that she had deleted her account. Why?! Had anything major happened? He knew she was in love with social media. Deleting her account wouldn't be on her to-do list. He called her. But her phone was switched off. His sweat ran cold. He called Aarav. Once. Twice. Thrice. At the 4th attempt, Aarav received the call.

Aarav: Hello?

Ashish: Bhai. Ranisa hai?

Aarav: Kyu?

Ashish: Kuch baat karni thhi. Uska phone switch off aa raha hai.

Aarav: Toh usko message kar.

Ashish: Uska Insta account deleted hai aur Whatsapp pe usko message deliver nahi hua.

Aarav: Toh she must be busy.

Ashish: Aarav yaar... Bas ek baat kara de meri usse. Please.

Aarav: Mai abhi Ady's Kitchen mai hu. Woh ghoom rahi hogi kahi... Harsh ke saath.

Ashish: Achha... Bas itna bata de ki... Kaisi hai woh?

There was prolonged pause from Aarav's side. After 2 minutes, he got his answer.

Aarav: Thik hai woh.... In fact... Boht khush hai....

Ashish knew it was a lie because the answer was in a pause. The pause and fact that Aarav suddenly spoke in sad voice and pauses confirmed his worse suspension: Aditi was NOT alright and her fam was hiding something.

Ashish: Why did she delete her account? Any idea?

Aarav: I... I don't know.

Ashish: Okay. How about we meet? Today maybe?

Aarav: No no no no no no no no!!!! Not possible!

Ashish: Why?

Aarav: I.. I got... Some work here. I'll be busy. I won't be able to come. Sorry. Bye.

Aarav hung up the phone. Ashish stood there numb. A few minutes later, he immediately picked up his stuff and went in his car. No. He wasn't heading home. He was heading to Aditi's place. His hands trembled as he drove. His breath was shaky. Half an hour later, he stood in front of her flat's door. He knocked, wondering who would open the door. Would it Harsh? Rishi? Akriti? Anaya? Or... or Ranisa? The door suddenly opened, pulling him out of thoughts. It was Harsh. His eyes were red. He had lost weight. His ruffled messy hair fell on his forehead and looked as if he had been crying.

Ashish: Hi.

Harsh: Hey.

Ashish: Where's Aditi?

Harsh: She must be with Aarav.

Ashish: But he told me she must be with you.

Harsh: Why would he say that?

Ashish: I don't know.

Harsh: She is not at home rn. When she'll be back (voice chokes a little) I'll tell her to call you.

Ashish looked at Harsh closely. He saw Harsh trying to fight back.... tears? Wtf!!! Her fam was indeed acting strange. Why?!

Why?!