Chapter 3

"Ella!" I called out her name while she rushed up the flight of stairs to her bedroom door. I turned to look at my mother who pinched the bridge of her nose while shaking her head in a slight motion, "What...what happened, mother?" I asked with both hands clinging on her own.

"Your dear sister had expected too much of the prince. She was rejected and embarrassed, it was a wicked act of his highness," she fumed, holding my hand tightly with her honey brown eyes softening. "Will you be a dear and check on your sister? I'm sure she'll love your company." she asked, patting my back and pushed me forward. I nod my head in reply and heed myself towards the stairs, both of my eyes glued towards her bedroom chamber.

I softly knock on the door, calling out her name in a gentle tone but no muffled cries could be heard from inside. "Ella, are you in there?" I questioned, raising my voice up high with my feet going to my toes. The door went to a quiet creak, tell sign that it was open.

I pushed it ajar, peeking an eye inside but only to be met with an empty room. My eyes went wide as a platter with my stomach lurching in sense of something wrong. I slammed the door open with my palm, taking the soft blanket off of her bed but no sight of Graciella's presence at all. My mind was bewildered with many possible dread.

The air was fairly cold with a strong wind coming to a blow from the open window. My heart palpitated beneath my arm as I nudged my head outside in alarm, hearing running footsteps and a small gleam of Graciella's purple gown. "Ella!" I screamed her name in hope of her attention, but she only ran further to the ocean.

I was in an ineffable state as I rushed down the stairs, ignoring my mother's panic calls and slammed the front door open in a halt. "Ella!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, speeding through the murkling and the galad of stars that shun, as we got closer the dark clouds began to form with droplets of rain coming down without warning. The moon that gleamed across the ocean vanished as I stopped from my tracks on the sandy shore with a huff.

I put a hand to one of the rocks in momentum while regaining back my strength from my own two feet. I gazed back up with a mouth agape, ready to yell her name in hopes of heed but was stopped from a sirenizing hum coming along the ocean floors, it echoed throughout my ear as a chill went down my spine.

I am the hero of Norkloe,
I'll watch and stare as you go.
Come to my loving embrace,
I'll show you more as we go.
From pearls and rings and ringlets,
I'll show you the eye of the snare
In the depths of the ocean floors.
Now come my pretty maiden,
Until we sail home.

a man sang, his voice echoing throughout my ear with his loud thrum as if he were to call someone. My eyes darted around while I hid myself behind the aged rocks with clenched fists and a pounding heart. I felt myself back away to see a striking, shirtless young man from ashore. His piercing, glowing emerald eyes bewitching with a woo.

I blinked, shaking my head low as to stop myself feeling penetrated over his narrow gaze. A thunder shrieked, yet it felt muffled by his lullaby that had an inkling of melancholy. I pushed a strand of my drenched hair back from between my eyes and saw a familiar face come to view, slowly coming closer to the unknown man at the sea.

"Ella..." I gasp, laying my hand to my mouth as if I were heard by the fellow. He began to come closer, diving back to the ocean as I saw a vast of a blue tail from behind him. I pinched myself over what I saw in dubious, but I was far from dreaming the sight of him.

Graciella began to step on the ocean with the wave slamming down violently from the storm. The man reached a hand for her to grab, singing his lullaby once more with an echo. "Ella, don't go there!" I yelled, leaving where I had been concealed from with a hand reaching to grab her.

She seemed unfazed of my calls but only eyes across the man, unable to move an inch away from the edge of the blue sea. The man did not stop from his hum with Graciella inching closer while I stopped her with my palm digging to her shoulder, "Ella, it's dangerous! Stop it! You're scaring me!" I yelped, biting back a cry.

For the first time, I felt a sense of relief with the rain hiding away the tears that stung my eyes. Yet, I had sensed a huge trepidation if I let her go to a man in the ocean.

I began to drag my feet on the sand, my shoes getting drenched from ocean water as the man lunged forward to catch her. I pushed Graciella back with a heaving pull and furrowed my brows, "Get away from my sister!" I said in defense, my voice muffled from a huge thunder.

His hum abruptly stopped, both of our eyes staring at each while I hid Graciella behind my back, still unfazed of what was happening. To see him a tad closer had left me with a labyrinth of a thought as I felt myself leaning closer, deciphering on his familiar look until he reached his hand upwards, revealing his sharp claws and fins attached to every corner of his hand with blue scales that shimmered like glitter.

A swift cut was made on my right shoulder as I hissed on the spiteful pain. I pressed my hand firmly on my injured shoulder, feeling the trickling of blood from my scarlet stained hand.

Once I glanced back up, the savage man was no longer in sight but the violent waves and storm. I dared not blink an eye once more as I squeezed Graciella's wrist tightly and ran back home.

The image of the supernal man flashed before my eyes before stopping in front of the manor door did I realize who he was. "The hero of Kieshfah." I whispered to myself as my mother pulled me to a tight embrace, stroking my wet hair while she consoled in relief of our safe return.