Chapter 17

They say that the heavens had skies as bright as a shining pearl and angels that greets you to caelum, but what I saw was blue and darkness. It was as if I had been swallowed whole by a gigantic creature. The obvious hum began to whisper through my ears, but he was far from near.

The waters whisk quietly in front of me as a loud shriek of a storm boomed beneath me. "In waters will you drown, and in the dark I will linger. With a stroke of my claw, you will be mine to own." a soft voice echoed but it's words did not match the silky tone.

I turned to look but my sight only came to vanish. My head began to thump, it was like I got hit by a hammer at the back of my head. I heard a wooden creak, loud cheers and heavy footsteps.

My body swayed side to side evenly, but my weakling body seemed to be steadied. A loud crash of the waves could be heard, but not usually from meters away. "(Y/n)! wake up!" I heard Jack calling out my name shakily while he nudged my shoulder lightly, almost brushing fabric to fabric.

Slowly did I opened my eyes while I sensed the air humming through my ears. I lift my chin upwards and blinked rapidly, my heart began to race while I tried to my wrist but was too confined. I looked down to finally realize that I was tied on a wooden pole.

"Good morning, (y/n). Did ye' have a goodnight sleep?" the same, loud familiar voice shouted from in front of me. I shot my eyes up and eyed her down with furrowed brows, "Let me go, you bastard!" I kicked and sway my feet beneath the creaky wood.

My curses died down as I felt the cold curved blade against my neck. I tilt my head back and tightened my grip from behind as I let out a shaky breath while gazing towards one of the savage beasts on board.

"Don't you even try, I swear I'll make you pay!" Jack yelled at the top of his lungs with pain and fright altogether, wanting me to make eye contact in a sign of comfort but was unable to as we our back were clung onto a wall.

The raven haired female moved her hand up with one finger lowering down, her eyes piercing through the intimidating, scar-faced man. He lowered the cutlass slowly and I was finally able to catch my breath.

The lady held her chin up high, even if she wore tattered boots and ragged clothing and a tightly worn leather corset, she seemed to pull it with excellence as she looked classy. She stomped her feet closer and threw a dagger right at me.

I bit down on my lower lip and closed my eyes shut, ready to feel the striking pain that was about to bestow upon me, but it never came. I fluttered my eyelids open without rapidity and saw the sharp dagger inches away from sticking through my forehead.

I let out a breath and turned. "Are you savage woman really going this far for dozens of baked goods? This is preposterous! Once I get out of here, I'm telling the sheriff so you vile beings could go back to wherever you are!" I snapped and huffed with eyes darting around while they looked with raised brows.

The silence broke moments after with huge fits of laughter, leaving me dumbstruck. The woman fell quit and marched forward with one hand roughly holding my chin towards her eye level.

"I am not a woman nor a bastard in this ship, in here you will call me captain. Its Captain Kyriella to you, (y/n)." Kyriella said each words like spitting it out as she let's go of my jaw.

"Then what is it that you want from me," I questioned, lifting my eyes up to look at the ocean floors. There no plot of land to be seen, not even where I came from. Somewhere beneath those cerulean liquid, I could feel Ella's presence.

The thought of her soul being captive made my blood boil, to not find a cure of her never ending sleep had struck me like a spear thrown from above. "Is it...is it the Emeraldsnare you are after?" I hesitated to ask as a sigh left quietly from my unsealed lips.

"Then...then I'll help you, I'll help you hunt him down!" I blurted out and furrowed my brows.

Always take advantage of the situation was what my mother had always told me, and I never thought that I would use it today. He betrayed me with his tainted promise, he was a foul and I will be no other.

The ship suddenly sway side to side, making my heart skip a beat as the other barbaric men fell to the floor out of the sudden force. Kyriella tilt her head up as I did. The clouds began to form, giving us a hint that a storm was about to roll in.

My eyes widened like a circular porcelain plate. "Untie us...untie us now!" I plead, hearing the same hum from the distance as huge droplets began to fall.

"Pull the ropes and get ye' plugs! A storm is rollin' in!" Kyriella roared from the running crowd. She ignored my pleas and went up on the deck.

"Come with me, my little bird." Merrik spoke with a hint of urge. No one seemed to have noticed, it was like I'm going insane. The loud roars of the frightening thunder seemed to be blocked away from me. "I will never come with you, fish."