Chapter 6

ASHLEY’S POV

I’m lying in Damon’s arms on the couch. The curtains are shut and the fire is blazing. It’s so good to just be with him without worrying about other things. I’ve really missed times like these when we can just relax together.

It’s moments like these where I wish that Damon and I didn’t have all of this crazy stuff going on in our lives all the time.

“This is nice.” I whisper, looking up at him.

“It is nice.” He says with a smile.

“Quiet…still…peaceful. I like our life when it’s like this.” I joke and he chuckles a little bit. His laughter vibrates through my body.

“But it is our life, which probably means that somebody’s going to walk through that door and shatter it.” Damon teases and I roll my eyes.

“No. Don’t say that.” I groan.

“In 10…9…” He starts to count down.

I shake my head and burry my head into his chest. “Just let me enjoy the moment.” I plead.

“…6…5…” He ignores me as I giggle at him.

“Damon, today is the day that we’re going to bring Bonnie back. It’s a good day.” I try to tell him as I lift my head and look into his eyes.

Damon kisses me on the forehead. “3…2…”

“Damon.” I interrupt, placing my finger over his lips. “It’s a good day.” I repeat.

He smiles and grabs my hand, pulling my finger from his mouth. He then places his lips to mine and I smile into the kiss.

Suddenly, the front door bursts open and I look up to see Silas walk into the room.

“Greetings!” He says with a smile.

“…1…” Damon groans as he helps me sit up.

“Good morning, frenemies!” Silas announces loudly. He lifts his hand and in one swift motion the curtains in the living room are thrown open, letting light fill the room.

I sit up straight, surprised by Silas’ actions.

“You know, I’m only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer. Probably because I’m not cursed with having to outlive it anymore.” He speaks.

“What’s with the home invasion, Silas?” Damon asks, standing to his feet.

Silas’ face turns up in a smile as he looks at me and Damon. “Well Damon, after 2000 years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die today.”

STEFAN’S POV

My eyes open slowly and I look around to see that I’m laying on the couch in Tessa’s cabin. I groggily sit up and see bottles of alcohol everywhere. What the hell happened?

“Good morning, sleepy head.” Tessa chimes, walking into the room. “Sleep well?”

“Hi…Tessa.” I say slowly, rubbing my eyes.

“You’re confused. Is that the amnesia or the tequila?” She asks with a frown.

“Um. I think both. I’m still trying to piece together last night.” I groan.

“We bonded over our misery. There were body shots. The misery lifted. Here. Berries.” She offers, holding out a bowl to me.

“Thanks. What’s got you in such a good mood?” I ask, taking the bowl.