Chapter 21

DAMON'S POV

I was getting annoyed with these travelers running around Mystic Falls. Now, I'm even more annoyed because Stefan and Ashley are missing. That can only mean one thing...so I decided to find a traveler, and get some information out of him.

"Wakey, wakey Mr. Sikes...head of corporate accounts." I say, reading this guy's name tag.

The man's eyes shoot open, and he starts fighting with the ropes I have tied around his wrists and feet. He's not getting out of here.

He tries to speak, but I have him gagged too.

"Oops. Sorry about that. Yeah, can't have you mumbling any of those annoying traveler chants. It's a sure migraine." I say with a smile. "So, here's the deal. My brother and my girl have both been kidnapped by travelers, and I can't seem to find them anywhere."

I sigh and stand up, pacing back in forth in my living room as this guys watches me.

"I mean, like...poof...gone. Right, so besides a completely clueless hybrid in my basement and a cave full of sleeping travelers, I've got nothing except you. So...I'm going to need you to tell me where I can find your leader, Markos."

Tyler's in the cell downstairs because he has a traveler inside of him, which means that he can't be trusted. On top of that, while Stefan, Ashley, Elena, and I were on our little weekend getaway, Jeremy and Bonnie tried to figure out how to keep the other side from falling apart.

While they did that, they found out that all of the people who have passengered themselves inside Mystic Falls citizens are lying unconscious in a cave in the woods. It's all really weird and creepy, but I just need Stefan and Ashley back.

I hear the front door open, and I know who it is without even looking.

"What's up, blondie?" I ask.

"Liv and Luke aren't answering my..." Caroline trails off as she walks into the living room and takes in the scene.

"Oh my god. Mr Sikes?" She asks with a frown.

"You know him?" I scoff.

"Yeah. He helped me open my first savings account. He gave me a lollipop." She pouts.

"Well, unfortunately, Mr. Sikes is occupied by some low-life traveler. I saw him and his buddies chanting in the town's square last week." I explain before turning to Mr. Sikes. "I also know that Markos and your traveler comrades are planning some big, flashy spell to undo some super boring, ancient, witch curse. And where that sucks for us, it just happens to undo all witch magic...meaning it'll kill me and my sexy blonde frenemy."

"If you know where Markos took Stefan and Ashley, you need to tell us." Caroline says sweetly.

Mr. Sikes tries to speak, but he can't. "Yeah, sorry. You're gonna have to speak up." I mock with a grin. "Nope. Didn't quite catch that."

I grab a pencil from the table and jab it into this guy's leg. He yells in pain and starts moving his mouth like he's actually planning on telling me something useful.

"I think he's trying to say something." I tell Caroline as she shifts uncomfortably.

I reach forward and pull the cloth from the guy's mouth. He takes a deep breath and looks up at me with a smile.

"It doesn't matter where Markos is." He smirks. "Nothing you do can stop him now."

ASHLEY'S POV

My eyes are heavy and they open very slowly. I'm in some kind of shed, chained to the wall. My ankles are cuffed and my wrists are restrained above my head.