Chapter 10

DAMON’S POV

I slam my fist into the rock wall of my cell. It’s no use…it’s not gonna budge. All I’m able to do is break a chunk of rock off of it.

I walk over to the bars of the cell and something shiny catches my eye on the floor outside of the cell. I squint my eyes and see the bullet that Aaron dropped last night.

Thinking quickly, I fall to the ground, laying on my stomach. I reach through the bars and my fingertips are barely able to grasp onto the bullet.

I pull it into the cell and stand up. I stick the bullet inside the key hole and grab the rock that I broke off of the wall. I slam the rock against the key hole and the gun powder of the bullet explodes, breaking the lock.

I try to push the gate open, but it’s still stuck. I groan and shake it violently, becoming fed up with being stuck here.

When it doesn’t open, I kick it in frustration until finally…it pops open.

I’m free.

***

I open the front door to my house and I run into Katherine. Why is she still here?

“What the hell happened to you?” She asks me, but I’m not in the mood.

“Ditto.” I scoff, taking in her dying human facade. “Ashley’s not here by any chance, is she?” I ask hopefully.

“I haven’t seen her, not that I’ve been looking.” She responds with a shrug.

“Stef, you awake?” I call, walking quickly into the house.

“You know, he hasn’t seen her either.” Katherine says from behind me. “I know that because we were together all night.” She smirks.

Ew, no. My brother and Katherine? After everything she’s done to us. I really don’t have time to worry about this though.

“Look, I’ve had a really crappy couple of days, okay? If you’re implying what I think you’re implying…” I start.

“Why? What were you thinking? That our hot, naked bodies collided in one unforgettable night of passion?” She asks me, her smile growing.

“I’m gonna barf.” I roll my eyes.

“Great. Then my work here is done. Bye.” She grins at me before leaving the house.

ASHLEY’S POV

My eyes open again and I’m still strapped to a table in the middle of the same room from before.

I’ve been in and out for hours.

I weakly turn my head to see an empty blood bag on an IV stand. There are all kinds of lights pointed at my body. My eyes droop shut a moment, but I use all of my strength to open them again.

“Subject 83182 appears conscious.” I hear a voice and my eyes open wide to see Wes standing over me.

“Where am I?” I ask weakly.

“Why? Look familiar?” He asks and I frown. Why would this place look familiar to me?

“What is that thing?” I ask him, referring to one of the machines that I’m hooked up to. “What are you doing to me?”

“83182 resume prep for blood dialysis.” He says, ignoring me and placing a mask over my face. I try to fight it, but I’m getting weak again. “Count from 10…9…8…7…6…5…”

Before he’s finished counting down, my eyes close again and his voice fades from my ears.

DAMON’S POV