Chapter 1: Arrival

- Beacon Academy, Kingdom of Vale -

Some time has passed and finally, Beacon Academy is ready to take their new students for the coming school year. Airships from all over Remnant are set to arrive and the staff are now ready to receive them, awaiting by the airports of the academy.

Above the airspace of Vale, one of these Bullheads is currently heading to Beacon Academy after making trips all over the kingdom including in the island of Patch to pick up the future students of the prestigious academy. Inside are teenagers who came from various corners of Vale including Renascence. A few of these students are already acquainted with each other in their short time in the aircraft.

"So you lost to Dylan of Team BARD from Vacuo? Huh. No wonder I didn't hear your name pop up in the semi-finals of last year's Vytal Festival." A blonde girl with lilac eyes said to a black haired boy who shrugged in response to her words.

"Well, happens to all of us, Yang. I know what Dylan was going to do — I already noticed it even at the start of the round — but I guess I didn't have the fighting aptitude back then and I got my butt handed to me as a result." (Morado) replied to the blonde known as Yang.

"Haha! I say you just lack my fiery spirit, eh?" Yang chuckled. "But I admit, you did put up quite a fight. And being able to read your opponent's moves just by looking at them is amazing."

"Meh. The brain's useless without brawns to compliment it. That's what I was taught back in Solar and since then, I've been trying to be stronger." (Morado) mused as he noticed a girl wearing black and red approaching them.

"I'm sure you'll get there someday. Or hey, if we ever become partners in Beacon, maybe we could compliment each other just fine, hm~?" Yang said to him in a slightly teasing tone.

"Haha, knock it off Yang." (Morado) told her. "I'd rather try to be stronger on my own to be honest with you, but thanks for the offer."

"Hey, sis! Hey, Morado!" The girl in black and red said to them while waving. Yang finally notices her behind.

"Hi there, Ruby! Where have you been?" Yang asked the girl known as Ruby.

"Oh, nothing really. I was just talking to this girl earlier. Her name is Raine." Ruby replied.

"Raine? Here I thought that she overslept again and missed the ride." (Morado) commented. Ruby turned towards him.

"Funny you say that. She was sweating when I found her and kept ranting about her alarm not going off in time." Ruby mused and the three of them laughed.

Elsewhere in the Bullhead, (Gareth) is seen standing idly on one side of the passenger space. He is observing the crowd of his fellow students to see if any of them might pique his interest. He saw a girl whose face he couldn't see because of her hoodie, a big guy who seems to be wearing a bulky armor of sorts, a girl with green hair and faunus ears and tail wearing a rather conservative but nonetheless revealing outfit, and a blonde guy who seems ill and about to puke. (Gareth) raised an eyebrow at the last person and hopes that he won't puke at anyone.

Looking around further, he noticed a person that made him smile: Pyrrha. Thinking that she is true to her words that she would be attending Beacon Academy as well, (Gareth) couldn't help but be happy for her knowing her status as a celebrity. He knows because he is also something of a celebrity back home, although he was thankful that he was not as popular as Pyrrha was, also knowing of the stresses that comes with it. Hopefully, going to Beacon might alleviate that at least a little for her.

Moments later, a hologram of who he recognized from his research as Glynda Goodwitch appeared before him and the rest of the passengers. The hologram then started to play a prerecorded message to them which and (Morado) also recognized as a sort of welcoming message. They dismissed the entire recording while the others took a keen interest.