Chapter 6: Black, White, and Gray

- Weekend, some time later... -

With the Vytal Festival coming closer and is just mere months away, every student in Beacon has at least some degree of excitement in anticipation, imagining what new things this year has to offer. With no classes bogging down the students of Beacon Academy, everyone is eager to go out and make their way to the city. Some students opted to stay in the dorms for the time being, counseling with their teams on what to do with the ample amount of free time that they have in their hands, but everyone is nonetheless excited.

In a somewhat crowded corridor, Millaray is walking along with her first friend outside of Gateway, Lavi. They are wearing a more casual getup with Millaray the same outfit she wore during the initiation. They are conversing about their respective teams' plans for the coming festival, displaying a level of excitement as they do so.

"I'm sure there plenty of times for us to prepare for the tournament. We can always get some time off going down town, y'know?" Lavi replied to Millaray's previous comment.

"That's true. We could try the food and maybe the arcades when we get the chance to." Millaray mused. "That reminds me; you're from here, aren't you?" The golden tiger faunus asks the redhead who nods in confirmation.

"Yep! Was born in Patch but my family moved to the mainland here when I was two." Lavi answers. "And you're from Gateway, right? That's all the way in Anima, isn't it?" She asks Millaray in turn who nods as well.

"Far in the western side of the border of Anima, but yeah." Millaray confirmed.

"How did you get all the way over here anyways? Not... that I'm telling you that you shouldn't - please don't take that the wrong way." Lavi said while correcting her perceived mistake. Millaray stared at her.

"It's fine, really. I'm just more curious as to why are you trying to be so careful with your words, though." Millaray stared and Lavi laughed awkwardly.

"Ahaha, well, I guess I'm just trying to be really careful not to offend my faunus friends. You know, because of all the stuff going on in our current political climate and the White Fang?" Lavi mused.

"Well, I don't see why you should be overly careful, not to me anyways. You're my friend — my first friend outside of home even — so I trust you." Millaray said to Lavi with a smile.

"Aww. Thank you, Millie." Lavi hugged Millaray for a moment. Millaray returned the hug for as well before they separated. "So, how's (Morado) been treating you?" Lavi asks.

"Why do you ask?" Millaray questioned the redhead who just stared at her with a knowing look. The faunus blushed. "W-Well..." Millaray trailed off, embarrassed. Lavi gasped.

"Has he been doing bad things to you?" Lavi inquired and Millaray snapped her neck at her.

"Wh-what? No! Why would he?" Millaray quickly shoots down the idea from Lavi's train of thought. "It's the opposite, in fact. He's been nothing but nice to me and everyone in Team MGMW." She stated.

"Ooh~ Has he taken things forward to you yet? Anything interesting he's told you? An invitation? Maybe a proposal?" Lavi teased.

"Lavi!" Millaray berated Lavi who laughed. "And no, he has not. It's been just months and we're still in our first semester. I don't think that he'd do something like that, yet." She told her.

"Ahh~ So you want him to~?" Lavi teased further, causing Millaray's blush to darken.

"I— Ugh!" Millaray stormed ahead, seeing it pointless trying to defend herself against Lavi. The redhead simply followed closely behind the faunus with a grin until she caught up.