Chapter 8: Fun, Fame, and Friends

- Two weeks later... -

It is an early sunny day in the city. The incident that happened that night from two weeks ago seems to be behind everything now and life continued on without pause. Life doesn't wait and so does evil, but also those who know. For now, peace continue to permeate the human society

In a shop full of books located by a quiet street, the shop owner can be heard humming a tune. Two young individuals enter the shop; the male who is wearing a gray outfit stays near the door and inspects the bookshelves while the green haired female with tanned skin approaches the counter and rings a service bell.

"Be right there!" The owner known as Tukson is seen through a set of double doors carrying stacks of books as he walks backwards and out toward the counter. "Welcome to "Tukson's Book Trade", home to every book under the sun!" He sets down the stack of books before turning to the customers. "How may I..." He upon recognizing the two of them. "How may I help you?"

"Just browsing." The male says before closing a book that he skimmed through.

"Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of "The Thief and The Butcher"?" The female asks as she leans on the counter.

"Yes, we do." Tukson confirms, slowly getting on edge.

"That's great!" The female excitedly comments, but does nothing else.

"Would you... like a copy?"

"No, just wondering." She states while her companion continues to browse the bookshelves. "Oh, oh! What about "Violet's Garden"? In paperback?" She asks.

"He's got it. Hardback too." The male says to her as he produces a book.

"Ooh, options are nice." The girl comments.

"Eh, no pictures." The male muses he closes the book. "Hey! Do you have any comics?" He asks the owner.

"Near the front." Tukson replies to him.

"Oh, no, wait!" The female speaks before leaning forward again "What. about... "Third Crusade"?" She questions.

Tukson, now visibly unnerved, hesitates. "Um... I..." He mumbles as the two eye him carefully. "...don't believe we carry that one." He tells her.

The male slams another book shut. "Oh."

"What was this place called again?" The female inquires.

"Tukson's Book Trade." The owner answers.

"And you're Tukson?"

"That's right."

Just as the people inside the shop talk, a cloaked man approaches the entrance, but does not enter yet. The male inside doesn't notice.

"It's just a catchphrase." Tukson tells the girl who questioned his choice of a catchphrase.

"It's false advertising!" The male remarks.

"You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson." The female tells Tukson, now dropping the act. The male activates a switch near the entrance, causing a front window to darken. "I hear that you're planning on leaving. Moving all the way to Vacuo." The male activates another switch and the window in the front door darkens. "Your brothers in the White Fang won't be happy to hear that." A third and final switch is activated, darkening the last window. "And neither are we... You know who we are, don't you?" The female questions him.

"Yes." Tukson answers sternly.

"And you know why we're here?" The female questions further, heightening the tension inside the shop.