Chapter 3: A Team's Link

- In the auditorium, a while later... -

"Saff Tudor. Chro Stemback. Lavi Erebus. Raine Coldwater." Ozpin spoke as the four aforementioned students stood together on the stage as the screen behind them showed images of each of them. "You all have recovered the black rook pieces. Starting today, you are known as Team CRLS [Chrysalis], led by... Chro Stemback." Ozpin announced.

"Wait, what?" Chro said, confused at the sudden appointment that he was given.

"Well-deserved, team leader." Saff Tudor said to him with a smile.

"We, girls will be counting on you now, Chro! Don't disappoint us~!" Raine said to him. Chro nervously laughed as they left the stage, realizing that he is in a predicament that he is the only male in Team CRLS.

"Now, onto the next four. (Gareth) Lionel. Millaray Toeda. Wisteria Lynne. (Morado) Cheval." Ozpin called for the aforementioned students who are soon standing in front of him. "You four have brought with you the white bishop pieces. From here on out, you will be known as Team MGMW [Magma], led by (Morado) Cheval." Ozpin stated and the audience erupted in cheers.

"And here I thought that I can escape fame by coming to Beacon." (Morado) chuckled.

"Haha. Like Chro said, Beacon is the last place we can shed fame." (Gareth) remarked.

"You guys are celebrities?" Wisteria asked as they make their way down the stage.

"Definitely a lot of it on his side. More or less anyways." (Morado) said to Wisteria while pointing at (Gareth). Wisteria shrugged as the newly formed teamed walked towards Team CRLS.

"Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL [Cardinal], led by... Cardin Winchester." Ozpin announced as the all-male team stood proudly.

The audience gives one more wave of ovation, while four students walk up to the stage to take their places in front of the headmaster as their faces fill the screen.

"Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR [Juniper]. Led by... Jaune Arc." Ozpin announced.

"Huh? L-Led by...?" Jaune trailed off, unable to believe that he is now the leader of a team.

"Congratulations, young man." Ozpin said to him.

A grinning Pyrrha offers a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and falls to his butt in front of the laughing audience.

"And finally: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long." Ozpin continued as he motions over the four who are soon standing before him. "The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looks to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister.

"So, celebratory party?" Lavi asked both Team CRLS and Team MGMW.

"Pssh. That's way too overdone." Millaray replied to the redhead.

"I'm guessing that you have a better idea?" Laci inquisitively questioned the faunus with a smirk.

"U-Uhh, well..." Millaray trailed off, not having an answer.

"Haha. We could just go out to the city and grab something to eat." (Gareth) said and (Morado) agreed.

"Besides, I doubt that we'd be allowed to throw a party so soon. I'm down for going to the city." Saff, the gazelle faunus with crimson hair and matching outfit bluntly said.