Chapter 9: Royal Tensions

- Beacon Academy -

On top of the tower of Beacon Academy lies Ozpin's office where Ozpin himself and Glynda are watching at the scene in front of them: a small fleet of Atlesian airships arrive at the skydocks of the academy, with smaller airships flying around as escorts. They were already expecting this to happen through Viridan's warnings.

"Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels." Glynda comments, unamused.

"Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man." Ozpin replies as three more Bullheads fly past the tower. "But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore." He quips. Glynda turns to the knight who is leaning backwards on Ozpin's desk behind them.

"I thought your fleet was going to stop them." Glynda remarks at Viridan who lightly chuckles.

"All of us received Qrow's message. I'm sure." The knight and King of Renascence, Viridan, replies to her. "Perhaps he deserves to have a part here, so I ordered the Obsidian Fleet to let him and his fleet through. With conditions, of course." He adds and Glynda looks at him.

"Conditions?" Glynda questions.

"Nothing serious. The condition is that they must dock here with only a portion of their fleet. What you see right now is that portion." Viridan tells her as he, too, looks out of the window. "It seems that he's levelheaded enough to comply. I'll give him that much." He murmurs.

A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow-message 'Access Requested' on Ozpin's desk, indicating that their expected guest has already arrived.

"Come in." Ozpin tells the person outside of the office's door.

The door slides open and the headmaster and general of the Atlesian Military, enters.

"Ozpin!" James Ironwood greets Ozpin cordially.

"Hello, General." Ozpin returns the gesture.

"Please, drop the formalities." James comments as they shake hands. "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met." He says to Glynda.

"Oh, James." Glynda a personable wave before dropping all pleasantries almost immediately. "I'll be outside." She tells Ozpin before walking away.

"Well, she hasn't changed a bit." James muses as Glynda walks past him. He turns back to Ozpin only to see the other man behind him, leaning on Ozpin's desk. "King Lorderius." He murmurs.

"Hah. Please, drop the formalities." Viridan mimicks his sentence before standing up straight. James lets out a chuckle.

"It has been a while as well, Viridan. I had expected the Marshal of the Renasceiot Military to be the one who ordered the blockade of my fleet and not the King himself." James comments, referring to the Obsidian Fleet that he encountered on his way here.

"Reolin is still audacious, only not as much as he used to." Viridan muses. "He's more... decisive. Let's put it that way." James nods.

"My offer still stands, Dan. Pianka deserves to be able to walk again." James would say, but Viridan shakes his head. "I admit that it is Atlas' fault that Pianka and many other Renasceiots lost their lives in that conflict between our kingdoms and that what I offer is minuscule in comparison—"

"James, that isn't just a personal matter. I am ready to forgive you and so is my sister." Viridan begins, cutting James' words off. "But, Pianka was, and still is, the inspiration of the Renasceiots. To think that her ability to live amongst us as a normal human was taken away only for her former enemies to give it back to her — it is insulting to their pride and, frankly, to mine as her eldest brother. They will never accept Atlesian help and as their leader, I will not as well... Not now." He states.