Chapter 1

TW! ⚠️ This story may contain sensitive content to some people please be advised
-----------------------------------------------------------

We were waiting outside of an old run down house. I waited outside watching the guys clear out the building.

Once they came out the rest of us walked in. Carl sat beside me with a can of cat food. Everyone stared at him. "Dude have some of this" I handed him the last protein bar I had been keeping with me for awhile.

He smiled at me and nodded. I picked up the cat food and stared at it. I smiled. "When me and my brother were living on the streets he got hungry so he stole some food turns out it was cat food" Some of the others laughed or smiled.

"It doesn't taste that bad tho compared to starving" I smiled and began to open it. Rick walked over to me grabbing it and throwing it.

"You woke up and choose violence today" I whispered under my breath making Carl laugh. I'm just trying to brighten the mood. Carl and Beth are still kids they need some joy in there life.

T-Dog whispered to us alerting everyone that walkers are outside. We grabbed all our stuff in a hurry and ran outside the others got in the cars while I hopped behind Daryl on his motorcycle.

Once we got on the road again I sat and thought about everything we've been through so far.

The camp getting over run outside of Atlanta. The CDC. Shane and his bullshit. The Farm. Randell. Sophia Dale Jim Amy Andrea Merle. We've lost alot.

We've spent all winter going place to place. It's been intense Lori running around pregnant it took me a month to heal correctly from Shane kicking my ass. It's exhausting.

We're all pretty tired. I think Rick is losing faith. He holds out strong he's the leader o can't imagine what he's going through.

I layed my head on Daryl's back resting my neck. Honestly I don't think I would be alive if it weren't for him. I've always had feelings for him but I never act on it. We've had our moments before but I don't think it would work out in the long haul. Once I came out to the Dixon brothers it made me feel better.

Merle is a homophobic prick but he never said anything ever since he got drunk and hooked up with a dude at a party. Daryl was weird about it at first. He stopped talking to me for awhile. I thought he was gonna hate me or something.

Turns out he was just adjusting to it really. He even ask questions about different sexualities sometimes.

I smiled into his back and shifted closer to him.

Time Skip:

We stopped on a random road. I jumped out and went in front of all the vehicles to stand guard.

I stood there for awhile not being able to hear what they were saying. Daryl walked up to me "Hey Me and Rick gonna search around we'll be back"

I turned to him. "Okay but stay safe okay I can't have you dying on me" I smiled at him which he returned. I gave him a small side hug and ran to the cars to sit next to Beth.

"Are you and Dixon like together together?" She asked waving her legs off the ground. I laughed.

"Nope" I sat down next to her and started waving my legs around too. T-Dog went and stood next to me. "Yeah just you wait" He was holding onto a board game Connect 4.

We all sat on the floor and played until they came back.

"A prison?" I asked walking with Daryl by my side everyone else on front of us. He nodded.