Chapter 9

Tw! ⚠️ The walking dead has sensitive content so please be advised of what is happening
The storyline doesn't match up with the story at times
-----------------------------------------------------------

Daryls POV:

Merle and I walked what seemed like forever in the woods. I feel guilty for leaving M/N but I can't leave Merle again.

"Hey are you even listening to me" I could hear him complain.

"No" i rolled my eyes.  I forgot how much of a prick he could be.

"So you were with M/n" i smiled to myself. "Yeah.." Merle must have noticed because I heard him scoff.

"I gotta find him and kick his ass for teaming up with the cop in Atlanta"

"Shut the hell up man" He knows just what to say to piss me off. The little things.

"Is he still a homo?"

I clenched my teeth at the question. "It doesn't work like that"

"I don't care that he's gay but it just doesn't seem natural"

"I said shit the hell up!" I turned around angry. He smirked at me.

"Too bad we couldn't go to the prison to see the little bastard"

"He'll hear about what you pulled with Glenn and what your pal Governor did with Maggie he'll flip his shit"

Merle stared out into the trees. "He's changed ya know he's violent spaces out to much" we continued walking we were near a river.

"He's a strange little shit" I stopped and stood there.

"Ya here that?" There was a sound I couldn't explain off into the distance. "That there my baby brother is the sound of two coons making love sweet love"

I listened for a bit then I realized. "That's a baby" I hurried towards the sound as fast as I could.

Merle was talking about behind me but I couldn't pay him any attention.

I looked up onto a bridge and saw two dudes shooting a pack of zombies from a truck while some of them attack a mini van.

"C'mon man" I used my hand to signal Merle to follow me. "Why they ain't ever do anything to help sweet old Merle"

I turned to him in disbelief. "There's a baby!" He just shrugged.

"Asshole" I mumbled under my breath running towards them to help. Rick would. So would M/n.

Time Skip:

I saw Merle going through the van as the women held her baby and cried. I sighed and went up behind him pointing my crossbow at him.

"Get out" I made sure it wasn't right up against him so he couldn't take it from me.

"I know your not talking to me baby brother"

"C'mon man get out" he slowly backed away. I turned towards the two guys. "Go" they quickly jumped in the van and took off.

I didn't look at Merle all I could do was walk away.

Time skip:

Merle was still clearly angry with me for what happened on the bridge. I can't stay with him being like that his ass is gonna get us killed.

"I know why your so soft" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to him. "I ain't soft" he scoffed at me then spit a luggie on the ground.

"It's M/n. And the rest of your group at the prison your all buddies with officer friendly the same guy who handcuffed me to a roof"