Chapter 4

TW!⚠️ This story may contain sensitive content and viewer discretion is advised
-----------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting on a bench on the outside of the prison and watched walkers lining up against the fence.

T-Dog Daryl Carol and Rick walked over to me. "M/n help us clean out the bodies?" Carol asked smiling. It's been awhile since she's been this happy.

"Of course" we walked out into the Field.

"Okay,let's get the other car in. We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard"

"Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant "vacancy" sign"

"After that,we need to load up these corpses so we can burn 'em"

"Awesome that's gonna smell great" I put my thumb up with a fake smile. Carol rolled her eyes at me with a scoff.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie? we could use them this might take awhile"

"Up in the guard tower" I tilted my head confused.

"But they were up there last night"

"Glenn! Maggie!"

Glenn came out of the guard tower door with no shirt on as he buttoned up his pants Maggie was standing behind him putting on her shirt.

We all started laughing. "Hey,what's up,guys?"

"You coming?"

"What!" We all laughed even harder.

"You comin'? Come on,we could use a hand"

"Yeah,we'll be right down"

"Rick" I turned to T-Dog and he was pointing at the prisoners who were watching us from a fence by the prison.

"Come with me" we all followed behind him.

"That's close enough. We had an agreement"

"Please,mister. We know that. We made a deal. But you gotta understand...we can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All the bodies--people we knew. Blood,brains everywhere. There's ghosts"

"Why don't you move the bodies out?"

"You should be burning them"

"We tried. We did"

"The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out,those things just line up. Dropping the body and just running back inside"

He's right when I was helping them we could only get them to the door before more walkers came in.

"Look,we had nothing to do with Tomas and Andrew. Nothing. You trying to prove a point? You proved it,bro. We'll do whatever it takes to be part of your group. Just please,please...don't make us live in that place"

"Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block,or you leave"

Axel turned to me. He looked sad. Well I guess I would be too in his conditions.

"I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys. You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out,like. Humph. These were good guys. Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint,like Tomas and Andrew. We've all made mistakes to get in here,chief. And I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint,but believe me...we've paid our due--enough that we would rather hit that road than to go back into that shithole"