Chapter 12

Tw!⚠️ This story may contain sensitive content so please be advised and read with caution
Also FYI this episode is more like a backstory into M/ns past bc this episode in the actual show is about Rick and Carl and Michonne with Morgan so I made it different also I based m/ns father off of my own bc for it to be a fanfiction it needs a somewhat traumatic past
-----------------------------------------------------------

M/ns POV:

I woke up lifting my  head off of my pillow I saw blood staining it. I put my fingers to my mouth and felt it.

Since Daryls and my fight I messed up by ribs again. Hershel said they were more delicate when I hurt them before when me and Daryl fell down that hill.

He suspected that I had broken my ribs before then. I had a drunk dad growing up and I guess sometimes he got violent. I didn't tell anyone tho I didn't want any pity.

Daryl knew, our dad's used to be good friends. That's how we met anyways. We used to make jokes that we would run away and live in a castle with an adopted dragon as kids.

I sat up and went downstairs. I felt liquid run down my chin. My eyes saw Daryl walking towards me. I quickly wiped the blood on my sleeve and went towards him.

Don't need him to feel guilty about hurting me. Honestly I got a few good hits on him too.

"Hey what's up?" He stared at me for a moment. I tilted my head in confusion.

He lifted his hand up and used his finger to wipe some blood that was leaking out of my mouth. He wiped the blood onto his pants and stared down.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled under his breath. I rolled my eyes and pulled him into a quick hug. He was tense at first but then eased Into it.

Right as we pulled away Merle came around the corner. "We need to talk" he said staring at me ignoring his brother.

"Um sure" I said walking towards the door with h behind me. I can feel Daryl staring at us the whole time.

"Listen Rick and his friend Michonne are leaving today it's the perfect opportunity for us to sneak off and kill the governor" I shook my head.

"No Merle it ain't how it used to be I'm not in charge it's not my choice" I started walking away.

I saw Daryl still staring. Before I could reach him Merle grabbed my arm and yanked me back. I saw Daryl get up and glare.

"What happened to you not to long ago we were gonna rob that camp site blind do they know that?"

I clenched my jaw and stared down. What can I say.

"What would they think if they found out one of there good soldiers we're gonna betray them?"

"Merle enough" i heard Daryl say walking up to us pulling me away from Merle.

I heard a scoff then someone walking away. Daryl dragged me upstairs. He sat me down on our bed. I stared everywhere but at Daryl.

I absorbed every detail about the room. The walls were blank we couldn't find anything to hang up some photos I saved from before.

The bed had bedding laying on it. Daryl decided to move into the same room as me instead of on top of the stairs he said that he was alright with sleeping in a cell if I was beside him.

The stand next to our bed has a dragon and a photo on it. The Dragon was from when that alarm was going off and I got trapped with Carol and when T-Dog...

I quickly turned my eyes to the photo.

It's of Daryl and I a few months before the apocalypse. One of our last moments of happiness.