Chapter 6

Tw!⚠️ This story may contain sensitive content so please viewer discretion advised
-----------------------------------------------------------

Daryl's POV:

Beth woke me up by knocking at the door. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Hey everything alright?" She nodded.

"Are- Are you okay?" I looked at her not saying anything.

"Yea why wouldnt I be" I stared at the dragon from yesterday.

"M/n still has a chance. And if Carol's with him she'll be fine too" She smiled at me.

It's nice. Having some hope. I smiled and nodded. She left. I got up officially and went downstairs to eat.

While we were eating Rick came in full of blood.

"Everybody okay?"

"Yeah,we are"

"What about you?"

"I cleared out the boiler block"

"How many were there?"

"I don't know. A dozen,two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl"

"Rick,we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to"

"No,I do. Everyone have a gun and a knife?"

"Yeah. We're running low on ammo,though"

"Maggie,me were planning on making a run this afternoon. Found a phone book with some places we can hit,look for bullets and formula"

"We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it in case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well"

"Good. Good" he nodded and started walking back to the halls.

"Rick" Hershel tried calling out to him but he kept walking. He sighed.

Carl and Oscar are gonna go with me to check out the lower cells. Once we got down there we saw a dead walker in front of a door and the door kept pushing open.

"Check it out,man. Must have missed it last night"

"It's probably just one or two of 'em. Don't look they got much fight. They ain't going nowhere. We'll take care of it on the way back"

We walked farther. I noticed Carl was out if it. I get it tho the kid had put his mom down.

"You know,my mom,she liked her wine. She liked to smoke in bed. Virginia Slims. I was playing out with the kids in the neighborhood. I could do that with Merle gone. They had bikes,I didn't. We heard sirens getting louder. They jumped on their bikes,ran after it,you know,hoping to see something worth seeing. I ran after them,but I couldn't keep up. I ran around a corner and saw my friends looking at me. Hell,I saw everybody looking at me. Fire trucks everywhere. People from the neighborhood. It was my house they were there for. It was my mom in bed burnt down to nothing. That was the hard part. You know,she was just gone. Erased. Nothing left of her. People said it was better that way. I don't know. Just made it seem like it wasn't real,you know?"

"I shot my mom. She was out. Hadn't turned yet. I ended it. It was real. Sorry about your mom"

"I'm sorry about yours." A kid his age shouldn't have to go through all this.

We still walked for awhile. We were pretty far from where we were and only a few walkers were here.

"Oh,that's what I'm talking about. Yeah,buddy"

Carl and I went and saw what Oscar was talking about he picked up a pair of blue slippers.

"What the hell you need slippers for?"

"You know,end of the day relaxing"

A walker came out of a cell lunging at us. I shot it in the head it fell down in front of us.

"All right"

"Must have been in the cell at the end. We checked everywhere else"

I went to look at it and saw a knife stabbed into it's neck.

"That's Carol's knife"

I stared at it before pulling it out of his neck and cleaning it off.

We walked back to the cellblock.

I went and sat in M/ns room again. This time putting Carol's knife next to the dragon.

Why the fuck did we have to help the prisoners should have just let em be or send them off. I thought Rick killed Andrew no he didn't. Why does M/n and Carol have to pay the price for it.

I paced around the room for awhile I quickly grabbed the knife and headed down back to the lower floor.

Once I got there I saw the door getting slightly pushed open again like before. I sat down for awhile. Stabbing the knife into the floor over and over.

It was too late. I thought we could do it. I was to scared. If u just told him. Now I can't.

I hit the floor with another hit then stood up. I paced some more. Before kicking the door. It still moved. I dragged the walker away from the front of the door.

I quickly opened it and saw M/n sitting against the wall unconscious and Carol laying on his lap barely awake.

I grabbed Carol and lifted her up. I shook M/n. No response. I saw his ankle it was swollen must have hurt it when we got attacked.

I put them both to my side and started to head back towards our cellblock. Once we got there I set Carol down on the bottom bunk. I handed her a bottle of water which she drank. I picked M/n up bride style and carried up to our cell.

I set him down. I'll let him rest for now. I went back down to Carol to help. She seemed stable enough to stand now.

"You good" she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Daryl"

"Nah I should thank you for keeping him alive" she layed down and went to sleep. I sat next to her bunk waiting for Rick to come in so I can tell him the news.