Author's note + series info

first of all, I wanna apologize for all the emotional damage I've caused, I know I hurt y'all a lot lol oops. but I also promised a happy ending, and I kept that promise, so I hope that made up for it.

I feel like I owe a specific apology for chapter 34 because I stg I did not know Elijah was that much of a favorite until I started getting the death threats (which only showed me how invested some of you were in the story and characters, so in a messed up sort of way, it kinda warmed my heart, so thanks lmao <3).

secondly, as most of you know, this was technically the final book in the series, but I will be writing a prequel and a spin-off/continuation. I was supposed to decide between doing Elijah's book (the prequel) or Ethan's book (the spin-off), but I'm gonna be honest, I've been trying to make the decision for months and I've gotten nowhere, so I've made a different choice.

I'm gonna leave it up to you guys to decide a few paragraphs down. If I do the spin-off first, it will not only follow Ethan, but it'll also follow the other siblings and their futures/where they are (mostly revolving around Ethan though).

If I write that one, some things you'd see are: Ethan's final journey to heal properly because this was mostly about Izzy instead of him, Izzy's turn to help Ethan, Elijah and Olivia raising Noelle, some romance, how Izzy and the other siblings are doing, more brother moments because they'll start helping each other out a lot more, and a few other big things such as possibly a few weddings, future career endeavors, etc.

It would basically be an extended epilogue (with a few new plots, of course) to see how their futures are going and where they are.

If I write the prequel, it'll begin right before they lost their parents. So, it'll focus on what the parents were like since they'll be included in some of it, Elijah getting custody, how that went and how the family adjusted, how he started raising them, normal family/sibling drama, Elijah's story with Olivia, how Ethan's spiral started, how everything with Sophia began, etc.

It would be their past, leading up to Caged, and how everything happened the way it did.

I'll do both books eventually, but I need help deciding which one should be first, so if you could help me and vote for which one you want here. Double comments won't be counted lol, and whichever one gets the most comments obviously wins.

The prequel— comment here.

The spin-off— comment here.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I just wanna say that I can't express how much it means to me to see all the comments and the votes and the follows and support. Seeing all those messages about how some of you have found comfort in my books, and how Izzy's journey with her mental health has helped you in some shape or form means the absolute world to me. I can read those comments and messages telling me about how these books have helped some of you thousands of times and they will never get old. It always manages to blow me away to see how deeply invested some of you are in the plot, characters, writing, etc, even though I've made that my goal with the emotion I've put into the books.

I'll be forever grateful, more than I can ever put into words. I know I made you cry, smile, laugh, hurt, and god knows what else. Thank you for sticking with me through it all.

I also promised a few bonus chapters and they'll start being posted soon, so if you want to read those you can keep this in your library until the last one is posted. When the next book is up, I'll post a new part to this and post an announcement on my message board, which will hopefully be soon.

That's all I'm going to say for now, but once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much and take care of yourselves; it's the most important thing in the entire world as Izzy has learned through her journey.

All my love <3