Chapter 1 :✨The Chosen Ones'✨

(HYBE BUILDING-Training Quarters)

Each and every company had their own floor at the new building. Making it easy for all the trainees to access vocal and dance practice rooms without having to get in the way of each other.

You could say,HYBE was one of the best companies to be a trainee at.

But trainee life was harsh,not even the amazing view of the Han river could save you from that.

All the girls trained vigorously. Day in and day out,tremendous hard work put in.

They heard a rumour,that a new survival show was going to start.

And if they wanted to get in,they had to be the best. Only the best would be chosen to get on the show-which would give them a chance to debut.

One such afternoon. It was after lunch,around 4 pm. The sky was gloomy that day. It soon started drizzling.

One of the trainees leaned towards the glass window,staring up at the sky, pouring rain.

Her heart felt heavy,as she looked at an ENHYPEN LED Banner showing up on screen on the building in front of her.

She sighs. Will she ever get to debut like them.

"Or will I have to leave the idol world before I even begin like..."her thoughts drift away.

She is startled and comes out of her zoning out when she heard an announcement coming in from the speaker.

"All trainees to assemble in the Basement"

"The Dungeon?! Ah...looks like we are getting kicked off..."she sighs.

All the trainees quickly make their way towards the 'Dungeon',that's how they called it. It was over here that their monthly evaluations took place and they got strict feedback from. Hence it was not a place they looked forward to visiting. It was also here that trainee contracts would end if they failed to live up to expectations.

This could only mean bad news.

__________________________________

Though called 'The Dungeon' it was a huge well lit room with a cheerful purple wallpaper.

But not even the beautiful bora colour could lift the trainees' spirits at the moment.

About a hundred girls,all different and unique in their own ways sat on the floor anxiously.

A lady stepped in,and they stood immediately and bowed.

"Good afternoon Teacher Oh!" They say in unison.

She was the strictest of all. She had a keen eye. She could accept a lack of skill,but she would not tolerate even the slightest imperfection in discipline and diligence.

If a trainee slacked off even one day without reason,she would outright terminate them from the company. So the trainees were even more terrified.

She eyed them all as she took her seat at the head of the room.

Then Mr Hong,the chief scouting agent,like a breath of fresh air came in.

The trainees sighed in relief as Mr Hong smiled at them.

If he was there,this probably wouldn't be so bad.

Or maybe who knows,he is here to comfort and motivate the trainees being kicked off.

These were the different thoughts going on in the girls' minds.

"So,we got everyone here?" Mrs Oh asks and they nod.