Chapter 8:Practice and Pain

(I-LAND)

The I-LANDers seemed to have undergone due deliberation over who should be the final representatives.

"Okay so we have Poppy for vocals and Artemis for dance...and the rap rep should be..."

"Mia unnie!" All of them yelled unanimously.

"Did I just hear my name?"Mia who dozed off till now as these girls seemed to be discussing until eternity,woke with a jolt.

The girls laugh.

"We chose you as our rap rep!" J smiles.

Mia's eyes shine. Rap was her passion.

"I will show my spitfire style!" She coolly says.

"Ooh...our girl crush..."the girls tease her and giggle.

"I am loving our teamwork here,lets stay calm and composed like this and secure the headquarters." J nods.

"Yeah. Forget companies, we all are one now,we all will help you girls out whenever you want."Liane adds.

"Hey Mia...I am pretty good at rap, I could give you a few tips." Anna starts to say,but Mia walks past her.

"I will be fine,just leave me to myself." Mia coolly says as she heads in.

"Yah...I am still your unnie how can you just walk away." Anna shakes her head and chuckles.

"That was a little disrespectful though...being ignored is not nice..."Sunny murmurs.

Poppy comes in to break the tension, "Unnie,why don't you come help me pick a song!" 

Anna smiles and walks away with her.

"Umm...I need help too...picking a song..." Artemis cautiously says. Violet and Liane interwine their hands with her.

"Lets go!"

The other girls too decided to follow them.

_________________________________________________

(Evening)

"Mia! You got to come out now girl!" Madhu taps on the young rapper's door. She had gone inside and shut it,not having come out since then. And now it was dinner time.

"I need to practice! Could you leave me alone please!" They hear her say.

Madhu turns back to the girls and shrugs,giving up.

"That woman is really stubborn,she won't listen to me." She says.

Anna gets with a frown and walks towards the door.

"Mia! Its Anna unnie! You need to come out right now and eat!"

"I dont want to! I fall asleep after I eat! I need to practice!" Mia says from inside.

"I am not requesting you! Its an order! Now open this door right now!"Anna says in a serious tone,unlike her usual sunny disposition.This sudden change even makes Mia unlock the door.

Mia comes out and looks up at the taller Anna,rolls her eyes and moves towards the kitchen.

Jia comes over to Anna.

"I trained with her,she might seem like a brat,but she is a softie,please don't misunderstand her unnie..."

Anna smiles and pats her shoulders, "I know. But as the oldest here, I sometimes have to stay strong and take care of you all."