5. deadbeat mum?

S1,E5

the three of them sat in the restaurant, all dressed in proper clothes. Cole, her father, was skeptically glancing through the menu, trying to find something that appealed him.

The waiter came and a few moments later three plates were placed in front of them.

"I don't understand why we couldn't just eat pizza at home" Benjamin mumbled.

"Because we did that yesterday. And the days before that too" Solange shot back.

Her younger brother rolled his eyes and they began talking about other topics, such as why Mason Mount was in their house earlier that morning.

"I need to go to the bathroom" Solange excused herself and wandered off, trying to find the 'WC' sign.

She pushed the doors and did her business in one of the stalls. Before she could even flush the toilet, she heard a high-pitched voie giggle.

"It's not like I like him, I'm just waiting for Mason to crawl back. They always do, right?"

Ain't no fucking way, she closed the seat and sat down. How the hell were they in the same place? At the same time?

"Right. It's been like months tough, don't you think it's time to move on?" Another voice chirped.

"How could I possible move on? He's literally a rich footballer. There's no way that I'll find better then that"

Solange watched through the small crack in the stall-which was very creepy-the brunette looked awfully familiar, not just as Mason's ex. She was reapplying her lip gloss while her friend stood with her back rested against the counter, eyes glued down on her phone.

"True, what about the new girl then?"

Solange raised her eyebrows, her heart starting beating a bit faster than usual.

"Don't worry, I'll find a way"

She had to refrain from chuckling out loud, Mariah was competing with her, and she wasn't even playing.

"She's not even that pretty, it's like she's never heard of fillers" The blonde next to her chuckled.

"Mhmm, she's a skank. A backstabbing skank to be honest, I've heard stories about her. I'm pretty sure her mom abandoned her family. I mean you hear about deadbeat fathers everyday, but mums? That another level"

The two girls giggled and exited the small bathroom, both walking with their heads held high.

Solange stood still in her spot, she was frozen. A part of her wanted to walk out and look then both dead in the eyes, but she just couldn't.

After composing herself, she left the cubicle and washed her hands before she walked back to her dad and brother with shaky hands.

"You good, sis?" Benjamin raised his eyebrows at his sister who looked paler than before.

"Did something happen?" Cole chimed in, pulling the glasses to the top of his nose to glance at his daughter.

Solange nodded silently and sat down again. The pasta she had ordered was expensive, there was no way that she was gonna let it go to waste.

She pulled out her phone and went into her phone contacts. Internally groaning she tapped on his name.

1 unread message from solange<3

SOLANGE
how are we gonna pull this off?

iceegirll productions