10. blanket fort and horror movies

S1,E10

still in their pajamas, Mason and Solange browsed through the aisles in the shop. He was in charge of the drinks while she would get the snacks. Solange Vidale hummed along to the song playing lowly on the store speakers.

"Tropical?" He turned to her, holding two bottles in each of his hands.

"Yeah" Solange nodded and he put back the peach flavored ice tea.

"These looks healthy, right?" She referred to the package of chocolate cookies in her arms. Mason pursed his lips and shook his head "fine, I'll go get carrots and that"

Ten minutes later, the pair were finally standing quite awkwardly in front of the cashier while she scanned their items.

"Are you two actually together?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Mhmm" Mason replied and and glanced at Solange who nodded her head in agreement.

"Wow, cute" She stated and tapped the small boxes screen with her finger. Mason pulled out his card at the same time she did. The turned to each other, both with stubborn looks on their faces.

"I'll pay" Solange stated firmly.

Mason shook his head "no, I'll pay"

"This is cute and all but, I don't care who pays, you're holding up the line mates" The cashier sighed and nodded her head to the line behind them starting to form.

While Mason was distracted with looking behind his shoulder, Solange took the opportunity and inserted her card. She had already typed in the code when he turned back to them.

"Have a great day" The cashier smiled politely and the two of them smiled back at her before carrying out their items.

As they left the store with their stuff, Mason suddenly grabbed onto her hand.

"What are you-" she was cut off by Mason who sent her a glare. Solange tilted her head and she realised that there was paparazzis across the road.

"Great" she mumbled as they entered the car, she held the lovely smile until they turned around the corner.

"They really are everywhere" Solange raised her eyebrows in which Mason nodded his head at.

Sooner or later they entered his kitchen again. Mason poured up the drinks while she sliced the various fruits they had bought and threw them all into a bow.

Grabbing two forks and the two glasses Mason lead the way to the living room where they already built the blanket for before they left earlier.

"Awe, this was cute" Solange chuckled and sat down on the mattress they had dragged down from his storage room.

"Right?" Mason grinned from ear to ear and sat down next to her, making sure to keep a distance between them.

After some arguing over the movie genre, Mason gave in and the two browsed through the horror movies on Netflix.

"I've already watched that one, it wasn't great" Solange scrunched up her nose.

Mason rolled his eyes and pressed the button to another movie.

They decided on 'midsommar'

"Did you know that I can speak Swedish?" She suddenly whispered a few minutes into the movie.

"What? You can?" He furrowed his eyebrows, Swedish was such a random language.

She nodded her head.

"Tell me something then"

"like what?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I don't know, something interesting" he shrugged and got comfortable under the blanket.

"Du har blivit snyggare"
[you've gotten more handsome]
she stated with a grin.

"What does that mean?" Mason asked, he wondered what the girl could've said that caused such a big grin on her face.

Solange only shrugged and turned back to the movie "Hey! What does that mean, Sol?" He laughed and put his hand on her arm to catch her attention again.

"I guess we'll never know" she shrugged again with a smile.

"Such a tease, did you insult me?"

"Not really" Solange replied, her friend in nursing school had taught her a bit of Swedish, she even knew some slang words and curse words that occasionally slipped out once or twice.

Mason shook his head and rolled his eyes at her.

"A bit mad though, innit?" He spoke up again after a moment of silence.

She turned to him with furrowed eyebrows, encouraging him to go on.

"That it's gone a whole month of this whole; fake relationship thing" he stated without turning away from the screen.

"To be fair, we only started hanging out like two weeks after we 'got together' " Solange nodded her head slowly, she was propped up on one arm while she laid next to him.

"Is it weird that I don't want it to be over?" He chuckled lightly.

And for a split second, she swore that she could've seen a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"No, not at all"

"So tell me about her, Mariah I mean. What's so special about her?" Solange changed the subject quickly.

"I dunno, we've been together since eighteen so I guess we've grown a lot together" he shrugged and turned back to the movie.

"Why do you want her back again?"

"Because a part of me still has feelings for her and we've been together for so long, I don't have the energy to restart with someone else"

Solange was beyond confused, he was talking like he was a retired old man. He's still young, there's plenty of time to find someone new?

"Must be tough being in love" she joked, Solange couldn't image spending more than ten minutes with Mariah.

"She's not that bad"

iceegirll productions