9. jealousy, jealousy

S2,E9

her school years must've been the toughest years of her life. The fragile girl went unnoticed by everyone except for the staff at the small school.

A day in her life was usually; wake up, school, home, study, hang out with little sister, dinner, study, sleep, and repeat.

It was very safe to say that she was tired.

All of her life her mother compared her to the girl who lived down the street from her.

Her life seemed to be prefect; a brother who played in the Chelsea academy, friends who were like family, she had high grades, a pretty face and she went out all the time with her said friends.

Most importantly she had him.

The starboy.

The then blonde saw him walking her home for years, she saw the look in his eyes as he stared at her. How he would get so distracted whenever she entered the room.

She hated the fact that he was awestruck by the girl without her even trying. Mason was completely crazy about her, everyone knew that except for herself.

Solange Vidale was everything she hoped to be. The girl had always outshined her in every category. Whether it was athletics, looks or chemistry exams, Solange was always ten steps ahead of her.

"Mariah?" The barista snapped her out of her thoughts.

She stood up to take her smoothie and sat back down in front of him.

Mason was wearing a black hoodie accompanied by black trousers, as if he was trying to hide the fact that he was there.

"Why did you want to meet up?" He asked, now interested in why she chose the café so far away from her area.

"I was just thinking about us, you know?" She placed the drink on the table.

Mason raised an eyebrow.

His plan actually worked.

"We've been through so much together and it feels wrong to split ways" Mariah slyly put her hand on top of his, leaning closer.

Something in him screamed for him to move but not wanting to cause a scene he sat frozen in his seat.

"What do you say Mase?"

Mason couldn't think straight. This was what he had been waiting for all summer. This was the reason why he asked for Solange's help. So why couldn't he just give her a short and easy answer?

As he struggled to find his words that she to be honest didn't even need. Mariah saw Solange walk through the door.

She saw her chance, and took it by crashing her lips on his. Mason froze for a moment, kissing her felt wrong and dull. Not like the kiss he shared with Solange, with her there was an instant attraction, one that kept pulling him in closer.

She didn't notice the pair at first but she eventually did. Glancing at them and down to their intertwined hands, she pursed her lips and turned around to leave.

A satisfied smile made it's way across the brunettes face. One that Mason noticed.

It suddenly made sense why Mariah would choose a spot so far from her own home and so close to Solange's street.

He left the coffee shop and rushed after her. Lucky for him the girl hadn't been motivated enough to consistently go to the gym yet.

"Sol" he caught her attention as he gently gripped her hand.

"I'm fine" she stated, slowing down her steps and pulling away from him.

"It's not what it looks like, we're just having a coffee and chatting"

With a sigh she turned around. She wasn't one to jump to conclusions, maybe they were  just chatting over coffee.

But when he failed to form words with that pretty mouth of his, she knew she had been too naive.

"I thought you said that you were falling for me" She was genuinely hurt, it wasn't a very pretty sight to see him sitting with his ex the following day.

"I did, and I am. But I don't know, I'm confused Sol, I need time to think"

What a fool, she thought to herself.

"Mason I'm not about to wait for you when I don't even know if you're choosing me in the end," Solange wiped away the tear before it could run down her cheek.

"You know what, our deal is done right? You got the girl now?" Solange pursed her lips, feeling the tears beginning to form as she furiously blinked.

"I-," he sighed "I guess so"

"See you around" Was her final word before she disappeared around the corner.

She didn't answer his calls or texts, nor could he knock on her door either since she was out of the country.

iceegirll productions