5. say hi to mason

S2,E5

          solange laid on her stomach as the masseuse worked her every back-muscle. Thiago's wife was to her right and Leah was to her left. She could hear the brunettes obnoxious laugh from besides Leah as she closed her eyes.

"I gave him that bracelet like two years ago, he still wears it. I think that's really cute" She giggled and rested her head to the side.

Solange opened her eyes and pursed her lips, she was trying to get under her skin. And it was working because Solange is a very impatient woman.

The room was dimly lit by the candles scattered around them. It was steamy and hot as they had just got out of the heated pool a few minutes ago.

"We were like Bonnie and Clyde, we went everywhere together, at one point we even considered getting matching tattoos" She contained on.

Solange was getting very irritated, Leah, the blonde next to her gave her a pity smile and mouthed the word 'sorry' in which Solange shrugged at.

"I'm not joking! I think we're soulmates or something" Mariah giggled quietly to the woman next to her while she got her back massaged.

The others agreed, obviously forgetting that Solange was in the same room as them—she didn't speak much, she kept to herself. But still.

She felt stupid for even coming to their spa day, bold of her to assume that she stood any chance at getting closer with the other WAGs when Mariah had been around from the start.

"Don't worry honey, I never like Mariah" Isabelle reassured her upon seeing the young adults facial expression.

Solange sent her a grateful smile before she tried her best to tune out the conversation.

But she just wouldn't stop talking.

"He was like my first love, and I was his. You know how you never forget your first love? Like there's always a space in your heart for them" Mariah sighed and smiled, thinking back to their past relationship.

She was right—Mariah was the reason for them two even being with each-other—Solange couldn't understand how Mason could possible be with a person like Mariah.

He's a sweet guy, he can be cute at times. In Solange's opinion; he's a nice, humble, selfless and kind footballer, nothing like the other guys she has met.

Mason is the type of guy who you'll regret losing if you've been lucky enough to have him. The type that would buy two bouquet of flowers; one for you and one for you mum. He calls to check up on you every night and doesn't mind staying on the phone until you both fall asleep.

Not wanting to cause a scene, she closed her eyes again, imagining that she was somewhere else while the brunette was still rambling about her fake-boyfriend.

"Maybe I should give him a call sometime"

That was the final straw, she was too tired for this. Solange had been awake until nine in the morning, watching shameless—an American show until her eyes were too heavy to keep up.

She excused herself and walked into the changing rooms. While the others were incredibly kind towards her, Solange really couldn't stand Mariah anymore.

The young-adult changed into her clothes again and started to clear out the small locker when she heard a door open and close.

"Solange? Leaving already?"

She rolled her eyes and turned around "Yeah, sorry, I promised by brother that I would hang out with him today" She lied through gritted teeth, just a few more days and she would see Ivy again.

"Oh, right. Well, it was so nice to finally have someone new in the group today, say hi to Mason for me, will y'a?" Mariah smiled sickly and tip-toed away.

Now usually, Solange would fight fire with fire but this time as different. She was too tired to even care about what the fuck Mariah Thompson had to say.

Sighing, she walked out of the room and immediately pressed on his contact.

"Hey!" He chirped. Mason was currently on the basketball court with a few others, just passing time.

"I think we can stop this whole thing soon, I'm pretty sure Mariah still got the hots for you" Solange stated as she got into her car that she and Ivy shared.

"Why? Did she talk about me?" Mason asked, a bit confused—until he remembers their 'deal'.

"She wouldn't stop talking about some bracelet she gave you and that you guys were first loves and soulmates or whatever" She grumbled.

A grin formed on his face, showing off the smile lines "Are you a bit jealous, maybe?"

"Are you deluded?" Solange huffed while she rested her phone against the dashboard.

"It seems like you're jealous" Mason smirked, he had gone to sit down in one of the chairs while the others contained on without him.

"Never" she deadpanned, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Don't worry, Sol. I threw away a that bracelet a long time ago, plus she's not my first love, never mind soulmate" He stared down at his screen with a grin on his face like a little kid.

"I didn't ask"

Yet he could see the faint smile on her lips as she avoided looking into the camera.

"Didn't need to"

+*
just rewatched peaky blinders
again and now I've got a Finn
Shelby fan fic in my drafts.

iceegirll productions