Chapter Four

Ava POV

"Hey, Mom!" I greet my mom, while I put my phone on speaker. I shove another dress and matching heels into my suitcase. And everytime I pack something inappropriate, I smile because I know Lucas will likely lose his mind when he sees my choices of outfits for the weekend, but there is not one damn thing he can do about it since we won't be in the office. So technically, his stupid rules don't apply.

"Are you all packed honey?"

"Yes mom."

"Is Lucas picking you up?"

"No mom, I'm meeting him there. He's already in Los Angeles."

"Oh." She lets out a defeated breath. "Is it just you and him going?"

"Yes mom." I told her.

"Call me if you need to." She laughs

"I'll call," I mutter, heading to the bathroom so I can gather my toiletries.

"Lucas's is so nice," she says quietly, to which I grit my teeth.

"Excuse me mom, Lucas is rude, ruthless, annoying, bossy, and... fine, he can be nice sometimes but he's hot tempered and I hate him."

"Come on Ava, he's not that bad. He makes me remember your father. He was just like that."

"Yes he is, mom. And he's nothing like dad." I almost shouted at my mom.

"How long are you going to be gone for?" she asked

"Just six days. My flight to Nashville will be Monday night around seven."

"Promise you'll call everyday and check in sweetheart."

"I'll call or text mom." I promised.

"Please try and have some fun while you're there."

Snorting, I mutter, "Sure, Mom. I love you. I'd say I'll text when I land."

"Okay, honey, and don't forget your dad and I leave on Monday for Guyana and we'll be gone for a month."

"I haven't forgotten. Have fun, kiss Grandma and Grandpa, and tell Dad I love him."

"Will do," she promises softly before I hang up and shove my cell into my back pocket. Looking at the clock I let out a quiet curse, getting my ass in gear to finish packing so I don't miss my flight.

Dragging my suit behind me toward the reception desk, I'm stunned by how many people are here wearing white coats, maybe they have a medical conference here. There was a hot doctor in front of me. Dr. Mike and I exchanged numbers. Finally making it to the front of the line, I smile at the cutie behind the desk.

"How can I help you, beautiful?" he inquires once I was close enough, and I set my purse on the counter and pull out my ID, handing it over to him.

"I have a reservation." I told him.

"I'm sorry Ms. Morgan, but there is no reservation under your name. Are you sure you're staying with us?" he asks, handing me back my ID, and I was shocked.

"I'm positive. It may be under my boss' name, Lucas Antonio Nicolàs Hermandez. He made the reservations," I told him.

"Okay, it looks like Mr. Hermandez has already checked in and have requested we give you your own key to the suite upon arrival."

"Fuck... What did you just say? You mean to say he's staying in that room too?"

"Yes, it's a suite with two kings."