Chapter Fourteen

Lucas POV

It's been a month since I agreed to Mrs. Valentine terms, and man do I tell you, that woman can work a man to death. Maybe it feels that way because I am not used to this line of work. The good thing about it is I see Ava admiring me trying and that's what keeps me going. I know she is beginning to trust me now, that I wanted to be a part of her life.

My eyes wandered upon a tree across from me, and there I saw her. She was wearing a white dress, brown cowgirl hat and boots. One of her hands was placed on the tree and the other on her belly while she looked down at her stomach. I doubt there could ever be any other woman more beautiful than how Ava looks right now. The fact is no one could hold that elegant and innocent look that Ava has right now.

 The fact is no one could hold that elegant and innocent look that Ava has right now

I couldn't believe she was carrying my child in her stomach when I first heard she was pregnant. Two seconds later, I couldn't help but to think of her holding our child. My life had been far from perfect. I lost a child before but I am never going to have any harm come to my unborn child or Ava.

"Well hello there cowboy!" A soft voice called out to me from behind. Bringing me out of my thoughts.

I turned around seeing a young girl behind me, smiling. She was sitting on the fence rail. She has on a light brown top, no bra as you can see her nipples print through, also a blue jeans. The outfits hugged each one of her curves perfectly. She topped the luck off with a cowgirl hat and boots. Her hair is long and black and she has on the same shade of black lipstick as her hair. She is really beautiful but nothing compared to Ava. But I must say she does look a bit like Ava thought.

 But I must say she does look a bit like Ava thought

"Hello Ms." I responded to her.

"Do you need any help?" She asked me, smiling still.

"No Ms! I can manage on my own. This cow here always gives me a hard time to milk her. Actually she never allowed me to milk her. But you don't look like the type who would know how to milk a cow." I responded to her, and yet she's still smiling as if she's trying to hold back a laugh.

"Mr looks can be deceiving. But are you sure that you don't need my help?" She asked me again and boy did it tick me off.

"I told you I didn't need your help. I am going to milk this cow today no matter how long it takes me. Now get lost." I almost yelled at her.

To my surprise, she just started laughing. And I don't understand why. It's not like I told her anything funny. Is this girl crazy in the head or something? I asked myself.

"What's so funny?" I asked her curiously.

"I will answer your question but you have to mine first." She responded, trying not to laugh but she couldn't control it and laughed again.

"Sure!" I told her because I really wanted to know what she found so funny or is it a mental case I am dealing with.

"Would you give someone milk if they pulled on your testicles?" She asked with a straight face.

"What kind of dumb question is that?" I asked her furiously.

"That cow right there is a bull, so I am pretty sure he's not going to give you any milk." She said and then broke down into a loud laughter.

"This is a bull?" I spoke out loud not realizing it as I looked at the cow.

"Yes cowboy! Now I am pretty sure you won't like it if another male pulls on your testicles, now leaving that poor cow alone." She told me.

I had to take another look at the cow again. Holy smoke! Was I trying to milk a bull? I better beg her not to tell anyone or else I am going to be the laughing stock of the farm. When I looked around she was gone.

******************************************************************************************

Hello my honorable readers, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think will happen next? I will try my best to write the next chapter within the next 24 hours and upload it. I hope everyone have a wonderful night.