Chapter Fifteen

Ava POV

I saw Lucas talking to a woman, her back was towards me. I couldn't see her face but it sounded like she was laughing and boy did it make me get jealous. I decided to go back into the house before I do something stupid.

"Your husband is a dumbass!" I heard a voice say behind me. It's Adriana, my sister. It was her who was laughing at something he said to her.

"And let you find him funny?" I didn't realize I told her a bit angrily.

"Jealous much sis?" She teased me.

"Why did you call him a dumbass? The man started his own business without any help from his parents and it's a multi-billion dollar company now." She told her, not realizing I am defending him.

"Sis, you can have all the money in the world and still be a dumbass. Anyhow, he was trying to milk a bull." She said as she broke off into a laugh.

"He's been trying to milk that bull for a month now." My grandpa says, coming into the kitchen, laughing also.

"Why didn't you tell him, grandpa? He's a city boy." I asked grandpa.

"Sweetheart, I wanted to, but I didn't want to end up one dead old country man, now do I? I still want to see that little angel come into this world." He told me, pointing to my belly.

"How would you be dead, grandpa for telling him it's a bull." I asked.

"Your grandma warmed me if I told him, I would be dead. I thought the guy would finger it out but apparently he didn't."

I just got up from the kitchen leaving Adriana and grandpa there because I was upset. I know it's not grandpa's fault but I was still upset.

Then I saw him, holding an axe. He was going to chop wood. And my God, did he look sexy as hell?

He saw me looking at him and walked over to me

He saw me looking at him and walked over to me. I was literally getting nervous and my heart started to beat harder.

"How are you, Ava?" He asked me.

"I am good. How about you?" I responded to him

"Well truth be told I am tired as hell. But I am getting my first pay today. Would you go out with me on a date?" He asked me.

"Are you sure you want to waste your money on a date?" I asked him.

"I have been wanting to ask you out for the whole month, unfortunately, I didn't have any money. And now that I have earned my first pay from hard work and sweat, I can't think of anything better to spend my money on than you, my love." He said, making me want to cry.

"Yes! I would love to go out with you." I told him and his face instantly lit up.

"See you at seven tonight! I better get back to work before your grandma sees I am not working and tear me from limp for it." He told me, while placing his lips on my cheeks and kissed me.

I couldn't believe how hard he's working just to prove to my grandmother that he can be a good husband and father.

Holy smoke! I have a date and have no idea what to wear. But thank god Adriana is here. She's a bit of a fashionista.

Adriana picked out a mild pink dress for me, it was above my knees. She did my hair and makeup.

"Now you look like the most sexy pregnant mama in the whole world." Adriana told me.

"Come on, Adriana, that's not true." I told her.

"Wait until Lucas sees you tonight. He's going to RIP that dress off of you." She told me.

"Now stop it! Adriana!" I pleaded with her.

"I am only stating facts sis.! The way you look right now, you're definitely going to get lucky tonight." She told me.

"I am not having this conversation with my 16 years old sister. Now where is Adrielle? I know both of you usually fight mom and dad to come here every school break." I tried to change the subject.

"Adrielle, decided that she wants to spend this summer with mom and dad." She told me, while snapping a picture of me.

"Why did you take a picture of me?" I asked her curiously.

"It's for Adrielle, since she couldn't be here. Now let's get you to your date."

**************************************************************************

 Hello my fellow Wattpad readers, I apologize for the late update to Until Ava, I just got wrapped up in Kidnapped By My Boss. But I do promise to update another chapter of Until Ava sometime today.

Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate each one of you.