Chapter Ten

Mia POV

I have given up trying to get Lucas to sign the divorce paper, but I am surprised that he hasn't called me for a month now to ask if heard from Ava. And it's strange. I headed over to his office before I met up with Alex for lunch. I went to Lucas' office only to be told he wasn't here. He hasn't come into work for a month now. Maybe he decided to move back to L.A.

At lunch I was out of it, and Alex seemed to notice my change of behavior. He didn't say anything about it and I know it only a matter of time.

"What's wrong Mia?" Alex asked me.

"Nothing. I am perfectly fine."

"Come on Mia, you've been out of it. I know something is wrong."

"Okay fine, it's about Lucas."

"What about him?"

"He hasn't been at work for the past month."

"So what's the problem?"

"Alex, you know what a workaholic Lucas is. He hasn't shown up to any of his offices.

"Well that's good news for Ava then."

"He truly loves her, Alex. I didn't see it before but it's there. It's breaking him that she isn't no way to be found "

"Mia, it's Ava's choice and I support her in whatever she chooses. Ava is what matters here."

"I know, but I can't help thinking if it's a mistake, she didn't give him a chance to hear him out."

"If it's in their fate to be together, they will meet again, no matter how hard she tries to hide. It's up to fate.."

" I guess you're right."

After we stopped talking about Ava and Lucas, my lunch with Alex went pretty well.

Lucas POV

After two months of searching for Ava, I have given up on finding her since it looked like she just disappeared from the face of the earth. I decided to join my uncle on the illegal side of my family and become part of the Mifa which my uncle is ahead of. It wasn't worth being on the good side anymore. Ava thinks I am a monster and a monster I shall become.

My dad has been trying to get hold of me for the past two weeks and I keep avoiding him. I was on the head of some arms deals. But today my dad caught me by surprise. I couldn't get away because he was in my office waiting for me.

"Hi dad!"

"How is it that I can get an appointment to see the president or even to see the queen then get to see you, my son."

" Dad, please don't be overdramatic. I've just been busy."

"Busy doing what, trying to get yourself killed? Son, I must say I am really disappointed in you."

"Oh dad, that's not nothing new. I thought you might be proud that I am taking an interest in the family business.?"

"Son, I was always proud of you except for now. To see what you became without any help from me. I know I have given you a hard time, but it was just for your own good. I know you will do anything to prove me wrong."

"That's great dad, but I needed to hear that a few years ago and not now. I am who I am now, dad, after all I am my father's son." My dad slapped me on my face.

"Don't go there, you're nothing like me. You're just like your mom. So stop disrespecting her and be more of the person she will want her son to be. This is about that girl isn't it? Here's a ticket. I suggest you go and try to win your girl over."

"Are you sure she's there?"

"Son, I am 100% sure. Go and attend that conference."

"Oh. Thank you dad! You're the best father in the world."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing dad!"

"I love you too son."

"Love you dad!"

I couldn't believe my dad found her. I have been looking for her for the past two months and I couldn't find her and my dad did. She really did choose the last place I would choose to look. Actually, I would never even think of looking there for her.

After my dad left I took my phone out and called my uncle. I told him, I finally found her. He had no problem with me coming off the deal. He told me he would put Rob in charge of it.

When you hung up with my uncle, I headed to the airport. I couldn't believe I actually found my wife. God, that sounds so good, calling her my wife.

I really thought I had found love before, but that wasn't really love, what I feel for Ava is so much more. I never thought I would have needed someone like I needed her.