Chapter Nine

Lucas POV

It's been over two months since Ava left. I had spoken to Alex when he got back, turns out he was just looking out for Ava in Vegas. He didn't like her in the way I did. He liked Mia for some odd reasons. Mia kept pushing with the divorce papers but I won't sign it. 

"Mr, Hermandez, a Ms. Gilmore is here to see you." My assistant said. I can't believe she's here again. I had person's following her, I even had her phone tapped but she haven't been in contact with Ava since.

"Send her in Matt." 

"Sure thing sir."

"Look like you planning on staying in New York."

"Ms. Gilmore, if you are here for me to sign those divorce papers, think again."

"Mr. Hermandez, what it been close to three months now, you haven't heard a word from her. If she's the bit interested in you probably would had heard from her."

"Why are you here?"

"You know why I am here Mr. Lucas Hermandez."

"If my wife wants me to sign those papers, she have to be present in court."

"You really think she's going to be one of your sub's."

"Now Ms Gilmore, I have put up with your insults for the past two months and I won't anymore."

"I am only stating the truth."

"Ms. Gilmore, for your information, I never intended on making Ava a subs, if you had approach me before Ava, you would had known. Why you think I married her when she suggested we get married. I wasn't drunk enough when she suggested it. I know I shouldn't. But she's the one person I couldn't charm."

"Maybe you can't charm her because of what you did to her at Yale."

"I admit what I did to her in college was wrong. I know it's no excuse, but I was really drunk and I shouldn't, but I didn't remember. I only found out after we married. Look Mia, I really do love her, if you know where she is, let me know."

"Lucas, I really don't know where she is. Alex don't even know and they are close."

"I need to find her, Mia."

"If I hear from her, I will let her know how you feel about you. Bye Lucas."

"Good bye Mia."

I was never one to get mix up with my family business but I needed help to find Ava. I couldn't go to my dad because he will only rub it in my face. I went to my uncle and give him Ava name and her picture.

"What you want with her Lucas?"

"Uncle Anthony, I thought you don't get involved with details."

"Look Lucas, that girl there is a good one. Don't drag her into your mess up world."

"My mess up world? Uncle I think you are the one who is mistaken. You're apart of the Mafia."

"I never claim to be a angel. We deal with a lot of craps. Pero nunca le faltamos el respeto a una mujer. Las mujeres son como una diosa.  ( But we never disrespect a woman. Women are like a goddess. )"

"Uncle, I don't know where you getting at?"

"I know how you treat women and I haven't say anything because I know you been deeply hurt by one. But that girl right there is where I am going to put my foot down nephew."

"What does she mean to you Uncle? Are you her father?"

"¡Mierda! ¡Cuidado con tu boca chico! (Shit! Watch your mouth boy!) "

"Then tell me what's the deal with her? You and dad seem to love her ."

"Mi hijo  (My son), she saved your life."

"What you mean?"

"When that girl, split your throat and you needed blood. We had a hard time finding your match. Your dad paid a lot of money to find out the names on the list with your rare blood type. And luck was in our favor, there was she was in the next room. Your dad offered her 2 million to give you the blood. She refused the money, and asked him to put it in use towards a charity for helping kids with illness, they parents with the bills and whatever else. It's why we call our charity, Angel amongst us. It's because of her."

"You guys never told me this."

"She asked us not to mention her name to you. She didn't wanted to be a hero. I think she was in the hospital because she got into an accident and lost her bit memory."

"That's why dad hire her?"

"We thought we never gonna see her again. She didn't even know our names because she prefer not to know."

"Why would she passed up on all that money."

"Well nephew, money can't buy happiness. She didn't care about the money. When your dad saw her name appeared on the application, he had to give her the job."

"Oh wow!"

"Lucas, please leave her alone."

" Uncle Anthony I love her and I need my wife with me."

"What you mean by your wife?"

"We got married in Vegas."

"I never expected you to get married. But Lucas, if you really love her, let her go. If she's really love you, she come back."