Chapter Eight

Lucas POV

"What just happened, son?" My dad asked.

"Nothing dad."

"That doesn't look like 'nothing', Lucas. Why is Ms. Morgan crying, son.

" Dad if you must know, when Ava went with me to Vegas, we went out, both of us got drunk and we got married. Ava is upset because I didn't want to get the marriage annulled." I told him half the truth. My dad would never agree with the way I treat women. 

"Why don't you want to get an annulment, son?"

"Because I fucking love her dad. I am in love with Ava." I shouted out.

After the long talk I had with the old man, I was finally able to call Steven. Steven told me she went to Cassie and then to the airport. He said by the time he got there, the plane had already taken off. She went back to New York. Steven is back in my office now.

"How did she find out about my subs?" I asked him.

"Mia Gilmore, she's called Ava."

"How does Ms. Gilmore knows Ava?"

"They were roommates at Yale."

"Oh fuck." 

"Lucas, the Jet is ready, we are going to find your wife, so don't worry"

We took the jet to New York, but we couldn't find her. All her credit cards haven't been used for 4 days now. She hasn't checked in at any hotel. I even checked at Anderson's but Mr. Anderson and his family are on vacation.

I walked into Mia Gilmore's office. She was the last person Ava met with before she completely disappeared from the face of the earth. She has to know something.

"Where is she?"

"You can't just come marching into my office just like that."

"Ms. Gilmore, I am not joking, where the fuck is my wife?" I asked her.

"Mr. Hermandez, here's the divorce papers, I suggest you should sign them."

"I am not signing no fucking divorce paper. Now tell me where my wife is?"

"Well Mr. Hermandez, we'll see you in court. I suggest you leave my office before I call the cops on you."

I left Mia office before I ended up in jail. I may be the son of the Mifia but Mia Gilmore is one district attorney which can't be bought. It's one of the reasons my dad doesn't do business in New York.

I met up with Steven, apparently Ava haven't met with Alex when she came to New York. Alex took his three sisters some where with they jet. He haven't been back.

Ava POV

I was able to convince my dad to let me run operation in Guyana and stay with my grandparents. My dad wasn't too happy that I wasn't taking over as CEO of the company but he's was happy I am working for him than another company. I told my dad that I need some time before I can take over as CEO and surprisingly with my grandfather persuasion, my dad agree.

It's been a few weeks since I left the state. I really wanted to talk to Mia but I couldn't take any chances because I don't know if Lucas would bug her phone. My grandma made eggs and toast for me, and after taking a few bits, I wanted to throw up. I rushed to the bathroom and my grandma followed me. 

"Are you okay Ava?"

" I am good. It must be something I ate last night."

" Sweetheart, I don't think so. You been throwing up every day for the past two weeks. I think maybe you might be pregnant."

" No way grandma Julicia."

" When your mom was pregnant with you, she was the same way."

"It's impossible for me to be pregnant. I only did it once since Yale grandma."

I was more comfortable speaking to my grandma about sex than with my mom. 

"Sweetheart, did you use protection."

"I can't remember grandma. I was kind of drunk. I don't even remember having sex with him."

"Ava, honey I suggest you get the test done. Let me run down and get a test from the store for you."

Before I could protest, she was gone. What if I was really pregnant what I am going to do. Do I tell Lucas I am pregnant? Grandma returned with the test,. I was too scare to look at the test. Julicia knock on the door and after I didn't respond and she let herself. She looked at the test and hug me and said congratulations, I am finally getting a great grand.

"Who is the father?"

"He's a bastard who don't know how to respect women and I don't want him to be apart of my life."

"Is that's the reason you hiding out in Guyana sweetheart? You hiding from him."

"Yes Gram's!

"Well let's call your dad and he will speak to the guy."

"No mom. He's the son of the Mifia and I am married to him. He doesn't know who exactly I am."

"Ava Maria Anderson, you are married and you didn't even invite me to the wedding."

"Gram's it happened in Vegas and I was drunk and now he's not giving me an annulment."

"Oh. What you mean he doesn't know who you are?"

"Because I used Morgan as my last name."

" Okay fine I won't tell you parents about you being married but you have to tell them you are pregnant."

" That's going to be tough."

"I am here for you Ava."