3 - Scared

Mija's POV

The place was filled with wild college students and the rhythm of music blasting through every part. Everyone was having a good time and it made me kind of happy to see them smiling.

Ra-el was closely moving up and down some cute stranger. I smiled and just looked at her and even chuckled to myself knowing how she was getting lost in the music and the charms of the strange boy.

I was currently leaning up against a wall standing and watching everyone. Even though it might be creepy, I liked it. This gave me the chance to see everyone and know who they truly are.

While taking a sip of my strawberry lemonade, the strong scent of alcohol finally hit me. Although I didn't mind alcohol in general, the smell made me feel just a bit nauseous.

I started walking through the huge house to try and find an exit that would lead me outside. My eyes soon saw a sliding door that leads to what seems like the backyard and I start to make my way towards it.

As I slid the door open, I could feel the fresh air hit me and it felt really good. I also noticed that there was no one out here. After closing the door, I leaned up against the house and closed my eyes while deeply inhaling the scent of freshly cut grass.

I smile to myself knowing how much this relaxed me. With no one in sight, I finally let my smile go and everything felt normal once again. I looked up to the stars and just admired their stunning beauty.

So far away and so untouchable and beautiful. I envied them.

"Because of other's standard of success
My worries spread like cancer again..."

All of a sudden my view leaves the stars and I snap my head to wherever the voice was coming from, startling me.

My eyes laid on the back of a black haired boy sitting down a couple feet in front of me.

"When the night comes again, reality gets destroyed
When I slap out of it... I'm just a scared idiot again."

From where I was, I quietly listened carefully to his lyrics that seemed more like his thoughts. I wasn't sure why he was doing it, but from his tense shoulders I could see that he was struggling with something more than just words.

"I keep getting scared at the looming sense of reality...
Others are running ahead... but why am I still here?"

The more I listened, the more I could hear his thoughts and emotions. His words really fascinated me because every single word that left his tongue, I could relate to completely...

"Why aren't you inside having fun, hyung?"

My eyes fall onto two tall guys who came out and started talking to the black haired guy. I could see how he started tightening his grip on his cup.

"I'm going home." He stands up.

"Hyung, don't be like that. Just stay for a little longer."

"For what? So I can keep on being miserable here?"

The other two guys seemed to have given up on trying to make him stay and headed inside. He followed as well and in that moment he turned his head just enough so I could catch a look at his side profile.

Once he completely disappeared from my view and closed the door behind him, something in me told me to go after him. As soon as I knew it, my legs were leading me back inside the house and through the huge crowd.

I was pushing everyone out of my way as fast I could so I could catch up to him. After a couple of pushes, I was able to see the back of him heading toward the front door.

Just as I was about to keep going, I felt someone pull me back.

"Mija! Are you having fun?"

"Umm yea." I give her a quick smile, but still kept my eyes on the black haired guy.

"You wanna grab something to dri-"

"Sorry." I get out of her grip and head towards the front door fast since the distance between us was getting bigger by the second.

He was no longer in my view, but I knew that he couldn't have gone that far. I was finally able to make it to the front door and once I reached it, I quickly made my way out of the house.

I ran outside and looked everywhere to find him.

But he was already gone.

A/N

Can y'all guess the song?? 👀