16 - Don't Worry

Mija's P.O.V.

Crap... he's going to kill me!

Shoving my phone back into my pocket after looking at the time, I moved my little legs as fast as I could across campus. I'm more than 15 minutes late for practice because my English professor wouldn't let us leave until he finished his whole lecture.

In a way, I was kind of scared of how Yoongi would react since the last time I was late, he basically freaked out on me for not being on time and for wasting precious practice time. He didn't raise his voice at me, but his words intimidated me to the point of not doing it again.

Until now...

I mentally started preparing myself for all the possible things that he would say. If I'm lucky enough maybe he'll spare me my life.

As I finally reach the music department, I open the huge doors and make my way to our practice rooms. Once I made it in front of our room, I stopped for a minute to catch my breath since I felt like I was going to die.

When I was finally able to somewhat breathe normally, I could clearly hear Yoongi's playing. From the melody of the song, I could tell that it wasn't our project. I'm not sure what he was playing, but it sounded different than anything I've ever heard him play before.

I decide to finally go inside and I do so by quietly opening the door. I make my way inside as quiet as possible so I wouldn't interrupt him. When I finally had my whole entire self in the room, I was surprised that he hadn't looked at me nor said anything yet.

Walking closer to the piano, I could see that he had his eyes closed shut. He was really focused on the music. I stand next to the piano and carefully look at him and his fingers.

I've only ever heard him play dark and mysterious melodies, but his playing this time was different. It was soft and smooth, but this melody and the dark melody that he's used to playing still shared something in common.

It was emotions.

His playing was getting softer and lighter with every key he pressed and soon it came to a halt and all that was left was silence. But after a couple of seconds, he suddenly startles me with an abrupt loud slam of his keys.

The song has completely shifted into the dark melody that I'm so used to hearing except this time he was playing it very fast and intensely. I carefully watched how fast his slender fingers would move from key to key and how his body started moving with every note that he played.

I was so fascinated with him at this moment. This was a side of him that I was looking at for the first time. I could feel every note that he was playing and clearly knew what emotion he was telling.

It was anger and sadness all at the same time.

After what seemed like only a few seconds, he finally started to slow down a bit. Suddenly he ended his melody with a powerful and spine chilling note. He removes his hands away from the keys and just sits there in silence with his eyes still closed.

"You're late." He suddenly opens his eyes and looks up at me. His voice was very soft. It was a very small and probably even unimportant detail, but I noticed it.

"I know... my English professor wouldn't let us go."

He just gave me a small nod. There was something going on with him today. He seemed different...

Without thinking, I take a seat next to him on the bench. From the corner of my eye I could see him watching me and maybe even wondering what I was doing. I took a few seconds and looked at the beautiful keys in front of me. After that, I slowly lifted my hands and placed them on top of the keys and started playing whatever my fingers felt like playing.

My melody wasn't as soft as what he played nor as dark, it was something in between. My eyes started to slowly close the more I got into the melody. I let my fingers and emotions take the lead while my mind drifted away to somewhere far away. After a while, the music stopped and I soon opened my eyes and turned to see a pair of dark brown eyes already looking at me.

As I stared back at him, I noticed something that gave me chills all over, something I've never seen on anyone, but myself. It was the same exact stare I'd make whenever I looked in the mirror and felt absolutely nothing.

"You always play what you feel, but you never talk about it." I decided to break the silence. He didn't say anything, he just kept on looking at me.

"You can always talk to me.. I hope you know that."

"Just leave me alone, okay." He finally takes his eyes off of me and stares at his hands that he's playing with.

"How can you tell me to leave you alone when I can hear everything... Why don't you just use your mouth for once..." Ok I didn't think about that last part I said.

But he doesn't say anything again.

"I've been right here this whole time-..."

"Just stop." Finally he speaks up, but I could see him closing his eyes and putting his hands into fists.

"I know it's hard for you, but at least all I'm trying to do is show you that you can trust me."

"Just stop! Stop with everything that you're doing. I know what you're trying to do and it's not working!" He suddenly opens his eyes and starts looking at me very intensely.

"Can't you see that I don't want your help or your friendship or anything from you? Can't you see that you annoy the hell out of me? Just do me a favor and leave me alone!" I could see how furious he was and it scared me.

Not wanting to push the matter any further, I decided to just shut up. I'm not hurt, but at the same time I am since all I wanted to do was just help him, but clearly he doesn't want that.

I suddenly felt my tears build up in my eyes and I started to panic inside, but that didn't matter. For some reason right now I was feeling angry from his words. Not wanting to cry in front of him and also wanting to get away from him, I quickly stand up and get my stuff.

Just as I'm about to head out the door, I stop in my tracks and turn around to look at him.

"I just wanted to know who you are. I know that maybe it's a lot and I'm sorry. I just wanted to show you that even in a life this messed up, you can also lean on someone when you need them. I'm really sorry for trying to be your friend and most of all for trying to care about you. But don't worry about me having to annoy you anymore because I heard you loud and clear."

With that said, I left.

A/N

Do you think Yoongi was in the wrong for lashing out on Mija like that?? 👀

- A