18 - Drunk

Mija's P.O.V.

I shift in my bed for what seems like the hundredth time in the past 2 hours. Looking at my clock, I read the time of 12:51 a.m..

I haven't been able to sleep lately and I was getting sick and tired of it. Having enough of not being able to sleep and staring at my ceiling and walls, I get out of bed. I grab a hoodie and throw it on while I slide into a pair of shoes. Grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys, I head out of my apartment with one destination in mind.

Yoongi's P.O.V.

I take another shot and feel how the bitter taste of alcohol burns it's way down my throat, but while also giving me a feeling of satisfaction. I decided to let some of the stress out by getting a couple of drinks and trying to distract myself a bit from everything going on in my life.

"Another one, please." Holding up my shot glass, I tell the bartender.

I can already start to feel the slight effect of the alcohol, but I had a really high tolerance. Usually I don't drink to get drunk, I just drink as a small distraction. I enjoy the feeling of being close to drunk, but not being drunk.

Things with my parents have been getting more intense lately. They called me again tonight to basically brag about my brother and tell me how amazing he was.

That pissed me off.

As the days passed, the more of a jerk I felt with the whole situation with Mija. In a way, I felt guilty and I hated feeling that way.

I hated feeling like this in general. The feeling of never being good enough and being a jerk towards people and not being able to express my feelings.

I quickly take another shot once the bartender fills up my glass and I could see my vision get a bit blurry. I've been here for almost an hour and I knew that it was time for me to go. As I stand up, I quickly grab onto the counter as I stumbled over a bit.

Once I pay, I make my way towards the exit and go home. My vision was a bit blurry and I would stumble once in a while, but I knew where I was going. After walking for a while, I reach the campus and decide to take a shortcut and walk right through it.

When I'm halfway through walking through campus, I looked at the music department that was to my right and stopped and stood right in front of it.

Memory

"Do you always sneak into the auditorium at 1 in the morning to play?" I took a glance at Mija who was practicing behind me.

"Not always, just on days when I can't sleep."

End of Memory

I take out my phone and notice that it's 1:27 in the morning. I really doubted that she would be here, but for some reason something was telling me that she would. Without thinking, I start to make my way inside the music department.

Quietly, I make my way inside and then head towards the auditorium. As I opened the huge doors, I could hear someone playing on the piano. It didn't take me forever to figure out who it was because by their way of playing I knew that it was her.

I slowly make my way down and randomly take a seat where she can't see me. I wasn't paying too much attention to what she was playing, but I could tell that she was putting her emotion in it. Sitting there, I just watch her carefully and I don't take my eyes off of her. My mind starts to think back to our little fight and for some reason this sense of anger and more guilt builds up inside me.

Mija's P.O.V.

As soon as I stop playing, I just look down at the keys in silence. Sometimes I would come to the auditorium and play on nights that I couldn't sleep or needed to relieve any stress I was feeling.

Out of nowhere I heard a loud clap and I jumped up from my seat and looked towards where it was coming from.

"Wow. That was just great."

It was Yoongi. I watched him carefully as he made his way slowly onto the stage.

"What're you doing here?..."

"I was just walking around and decided to pay you a little visit."

I don't say anything, I just look at him still startled. Something seemed off about him...

"Something told me that you would be here. Although I doubted that you wouldn't but, here you are." He had a smirk plastered on his face, something he never does and at this point I knew that something was definitely off. I slowly made my way towards him, but I was also being cautious at the same time.

After a couple of steps, he was now standing a couple feet in front of me and that's when the smell hit me and I felt myself start to slowly panic.

"Are you drunk?..."

He just continued to smirk at me and that was enough to answer my question. I could feel the anxiety growing inside me, but I tried my best to calm down.

"You tell me." He starts walking towards me again, but this time I start backing away.

"I never knew how much of a jerk you could make me feel. I knew I was one, but I didn't know how much, until you came along into my life."

He keeps walking.

"You see, my life was just fine, but then little miss Mija popped into my life out of nowhere."

I wasn't quite sure why he was here or what he was trying to say if I already understood everything from what he said that day. I knew that maybe it was the alcohol talking for him, but to be honest, he was scaring me a bit.

"Everything would've been fine and I wouldn't have felt the way I'm feeling right now if it weren't for your constant persistence."

I suddenly came into contact with the piano and I knew that I couldn't move back any further from him. But he continues to close the distance between us and soon, he's right in front of me. I ended up sitting on top of the keys as he leaned down to be face to face with me and slammed both his hands on either side of me on the keys.

"I was fine just going on with my life. My life was fine without you, but because of you I feel like crap."

He started to raise his voice a bit and I noticed it. At this point I was uncomfortable.

"Yoongi, please stop-"

"Because of you so many things have changed."

I tried pushing him away from me, but it didn't seem to work.

"Stop-"

He suddenly grabs both of my wrists tightly to the point where it hurts. Memories soon start flooding my mind that I tried so hard not to remember. This feeling that I was having...was a feeling I never wanted to remember in my life.

Everything was suddenly coming back. 

A/N

Double update, but I'll leave it here for now 👀

- A