17 - Different

Mija's P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since the incident with Yoongi and we haven't spoken nor seen each other. He hasn't come to practice either and at first I started to get worried, but then remembered everything and just stopped.

I decided to do what he asked me to do. All I was trying to do was help, but he was right, he never asked for my help nor asked for my friendship, so why should I keep trying.

Was I hurt? A bit, but it was something that I could handle.

Was I angry? You could say that. I just couldn't believe how stubborn he is.

From now on I'll leave him alone and worry about myself and other people who obviously want me in their life. At the moment my only goal is to finish this project as fast as possible so I don't have to be around him anymore.

Yoongi's P.O.V.

These past few days have been rough on me. I have a lot of things that are stressing me out. My parents had called me a few nights ago to "talk" but I knew that they were just going to tell me how I'm just throwing my life down the drain.

I've been stuck on a song for months now and I feel like I'm going nowhere with it and it's making me frustrated. On top of that, the company I'm working with is putting together a boy group and I was in charge of producing a few songs for their debut album.

School has been alright, but I've been falling behind a bit when I'm usually on top with all my work. My grades were also slipping and I hated it.

But for some reason there was one thing that was constantly on my mind and that made me more stressed. It was the incident that happened with Mija. Ever since that day, I've been feeling like such a huge jerk. Yea she was annoying me, but I lashed out on her because I was pissed at my parents for what they said the night before.

There was one thing in specific that she said that day that I couldn't stop thinking about because I haven't heard anyone say it besides Namjoon and Hoseok.

She told me that she cared about me...

I've had people in the past who have tried to get close to me and who've I let in, but in the end they all ended up leaving. After a while I got sick and tired of people hurting me and I stopped letting people get close to me. The people who tried to get close to me after that saw how I wasn't opening up to them and would give up after a few weeks, but that wasn't the case with her.

For some reason this felt different. She actually told me that she cared about me and when those words left her mouth, I could hear the sincerity in her voice. When she left the room, I just stared at the door in silence thinking about how much of a dick I was.

That day, I saw a different side of her that I never knew existed. For weeks, I've only seen how happy and cheerful she always is and how she always has a smile on her face. But during that incident I could see that she was different as if there was more to her than what she's actually showing, but that wasn't my main concern.

Even if she did care, I couldn't afford getting hurt again. I couldn't go through anymore pain. No matter how crappy I feel right now, I can't allow anyone to get close to me. Not even someone like her.

A/N

Do you think Yoongi's feelings validate his actions??

- A