14 - Walls

Mija's P.O.V.

"So he just got up and walked away like that after saying that?"

Yuta and I were currently sitting outside at our usual table after school working on our psychology project. He in a way noticed that something was on my mind and got me to spill it out.

"Yea basically."

I lay my head on the cold hard table and let out a huge sigh.

I've been trying really hard to get close to Yoongi, but it's getting harder every time. There were moments where things were okay, but he was still so cold and distant and that's what frustrated me.

I wasn't purposely trying to get into his business earlier when I was talking to Namjoon. I was genuinely interested in what they all worked in.

"So they're producers?" I slowly nod my head to answer him.

"Did they tell you what kind of music they produce?" I start to sit up and think about that. Namjoon told me, but Yoongi interrupted.

"I don't remember, but it's a genre of music I don't really listen to..."

"Hip hop?"

"Yea! That's the one. How'd you know?"

"Well if I'm not mistaken, I sometimes find Hoseok rapping in the hallways and listening to hip hop in his free time in the lounge area in between classes."

"I guess that would explain what Yoongi told me last week when I asked him what he listens to, but all he said was that it was a genre of music I don't listen to. He was right then."

I would've never guessed that he was into hip hop. But then again I would've never guessed that he was a producer for a record label.

"Well, I'm not sure about you, but you just got your answer to what type of music he likes." I could see Yuta raising his eyebrows at me.

"You can basically complete the rest of the experiment now that you know."

My head quickly shoots up from the table as soon as I hear those words leave the tip of his tongue. He was right... I've been trying for days to find out what his favorite type of genre is and I finally have it! Maybe this will help me understand him a little better.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It's been 3 days since I've stuck my head into many research papers about people's personality when it comes to hip hop and so far I have nothing.

And why do I say that?

Because everything that I've read does not describe Yoongi one bit... or so I guess.

"Ok, look, not everyone who listens to that genre of music has that type of personality. Take me for an example." I look up at Yuta who's pointing at himself.

"Have you even read all of the reports and data? Your personality shows that you like that type of genre."

"Ok, maybe I do, but all that research is just a fraction of data collected from a few people, it's not from all hip hop lovers."

He could be right...

"Almost all of the research says that people who listen to this genre are extroverts and outspoken and some even aggressive and he's neither of those things. Maybe a little aggressive, but not really at the same time."

I started to gently slam my head against the table over and over again because I couldn't figure out one mysterious person's personality.

"Hey, hey, hey." Reaching his hands out for me, Yuta lifts my head away from the table. "Look, you just have to do a little more research of your own. From what we both know he's a very reserved person. Maybe you can't know his whole personality because he's only allowing us to see what he wants to show."

"What're you trying to say?..."

"Maybe you have to really get close to him and break down those huge walls that he has built up before you can know what type of person he is. Maybe he's not as cold or rude as he seems to be."

I kept my eyes on Yuta the entire time that he was talking since he was holding my face in his hands. But as soon as he lets go my head falls back to the table and I continue to bang it.

How on earth was I going to break down the walls of Min Yoongi and get close to him?...