Chapter 2:We're Auradon Girls

REPORTER 1-Mal, please, over here! Mal!
REPORTER 2-Only three days to the Royal Cotillion. Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court?
REPORTER 1-How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?
REPORTER 2-Well, do you like being blonde?
REPORTER 1-Is your mother still a lizard?
BEN-Okay. All right. Excuse me. Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes.
REPORTER 2-Did you ever think you'd be with a Villain Kid?
BEN-We're done here.
FAIRY GODMOTHER- Okay. Shush, shush. This is still a school, so your either skipping, or trespassing.
REPORTERS-Just one quick question.
FAIRY GODMOTHER-Shush. Shush.
REPORTERS- Fairy Godmother!
FAIRY GODMOTHER- Shhh. Shhh. Shhh!
MAL- Thank you, guys.
BEN- Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
FAIRY GODMOTHER- Mal. Ben.
MAL-Fairy Godmother.
BEN-Fairy Godmother.
MAL- Whew.
BEN- Don't pay any attention to them.
MAL- Well, that's a lot easier said than done, right?
BEN-I know. I know. You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away.
MAL-Yeah.
BEN-You know, what do-- I have a council meeting. I'm so late!
MAL-That's okay.
BEN -We'll-- We'll do it sometime. Uh...
EVIE-If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay? Hi. Let's go. Let's go.
MAL-Bye, Ben.
BEN-Bye.
REPORTERS- King Ben! King Ben! King Ben!
BEN- Uh...
MAL AND EVIE'S DORM
MAL- Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe.
EVIE- Well, you can breathe after Cotillion.
MAL- Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is.
EVIE- Impeccable.
MAL-Evie?
EVIE-Hmm?
MAL- Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?
EVIE- That's funny. Ah! Look who's on TV.
TV- As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. - Six months ago...
MAL- Yeah.
TV- No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last.
MAL- Yeah. No kidding.
TV- Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court.
MAL- Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need.
EVIE- I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?
MAL- Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster.
EVIE- Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book--
MAL-Ah!
EVIE- It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror. Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right.
MAL- You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?
EVIE- Like stealing and lying and fighting?
MAL-Yeah!
EVIE-No!
MAL- What?
EVIE- Why would we? M, come here. Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now.
TV- Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite...
EVIE- See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay? Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them.
MAL- Mm. Severe.