Chapter 6:Down a man/Friend Zone

Jay:All right, boys. Let's line it up. Carlos, you're with me. Let's go.
Ariana:Go Jay! *squeals*
Jay:*winks at Ariana*
Carlos:Yeah.
Jay:Assembler. Salute. Lower the point. Masks down. En garde. Keep your center!
Carlos:Whoa!
Jay:Eyes on your opponent! Up and over.
Carlos:Get him, Jay!
Jay:Practice.
Carlos:Watch out, Jay.
Chad:Nice!
Carlos:Jay, what happened?
Chad:Finish him.
Jane:It's Lonnie!
Jay:Not bad.
Lonnie: You should put me on the team.
Ariana:Totally! With talent like that she could help you guys win!
Chad:Hey, w-what?! No, no, no. We'll-- We'll be the laughing stock of the league. A-And what's gonna happen next? We'll have girls playing tourney? Come on, guys.
Jay:So?
Chad:So? Uh, so, have you not read the rule book? Section 2, paragraph 3, 11-4. "A team will be comprised of a captain and eight men." Hmm? Why don't you read the rule book?
Lonnie:Okay, yeah, but you're down a man! I mean, since Ben had to leave to do all that king stuff.
Chad:Exactly. We're down a man.
Lonnie:Jay...
Jay:I'm sorry. Coach trusts me. I'm not gonna stay captain if I just throw out the rule book.
Lonnie:If my mother thought that way, she would have lost the war.
Chad:Okay. Rule book. Rule book.
Ariana:You can't judge her just because she's a girl Chad.
Chad:Whatever.And hey, I'm not being mean or anything I'm just stating the facts.
Ariana:And this is why I broke up with you.
Jay:All right, guys. Practice is over. Let's go.
Carlos:Jane! Jane, hey. Hey.
Jane:Hey, Carlos, what's up?
Carlos:Uh... Not much. You?
Jane:Way too much. We were gonna go with the blue and gold banners for Cotillion, but now we can't find the right shade of blue.
Carlos:Oh, yeah, no, that's a-- that's a bummer. Um, speaking of Cotillion--
Jane:I know, right? It's all anybody is talking about. Cotillion 24/7.
Carlos: I--
Jane:It's like they've never been to one before.
Carlos:Uh...I haven't, actually.
Jane:Oh. Lucky. I always end up serving punch with my mom anyway. This year, I got stuck on the decorating committee because Audrey went off to a spa vacation with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather.
Carlos:Jane, maybe we should just--
Jane:Skip the whole thing? I really, really wish I could. It's so nice to have a friend who's on the same wavelength.
Carlos:Oh, you got me.
Jane:I got to go. Great practice, though.
Carlos:Yeah.
Jane:See ya. [to the phone] Hey Mom.
Carlos:It wasn't the right time, all right?
Carlos:"How to get out of the friend zone."
Reporter:They dined with Aladdin and Jasmine.
Carlos:I see you reading over my shoulder.
TV:Six months ago, no one thought... the wrong side of the bridge would last. Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion, when she will officially become a Lady of the Court.
Carlos:Whoa. Easy, girl.
(Mal's eyes turn green)
Mal:What? You think this is so easy?! You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo! I mean, it's not that I could even say, "Boo," but, you know what I--
Carlos:I'm sorry.
Mal:Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?
Carlos:You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No. Oh, hey! Did you bring it?
Chad:Hi. Just came to use your 3D printer. Won't be a sec.
Carlos:How'd you get a key to my room?
Chad:Oh, I printed it off last time I was in here. Uh... you guys were sleeping. Look, I just-- Your printer's so much better than mine, and you install these hacks and everything runs so much smoother than mine and--
Carlos:Out! Now.
Chad:Fine. Fine.
Carlos:Chad!
Chad:What? Hmm?
Carlos:Leave the key. Mal?
Mal:Hmm?
Carlos:My potion?
Mal:Hmm. Yeah. Um...
Carlos:So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to Jane?
Mal:Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummy, so take it or leave it.
Carlos:Perfect.
Mal:Hold on, though. Are you sure that you want to be taking this? Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know...
Carlos:Yeah. I'll take my chances, I guess.
(Dude takes the gummy from Mal's hand)
Mal:Okay. Ohh! Bad dog!
Dude the Dog:    Man, that thing was nasty!
(Carlos and Mal look at Dude in shock that he can speak)
And you-- you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt.
Mal:You heard him. Scratch his butt.
Carlos:Mal. You're just gonna leave me with him?
Dude:Come on. You scratch your own all the time.