Chapter 9:Mal Leaves

Mal:I don't belong here. Okay. Okay. Okay. Let's blow this popsicle stand. Yeah? Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take me anywhere. Okay. Whew. Please work. Oh!
Ben's office
Ben:Deborah?
Deborah:Yes, Your Majesty?
Ben:Can you ask Lumiere to call me regarding Cotillion?
Deborah:Yes, sir.
Ben:Thank you.
Evie:Ben?
Ben:Evie! Come on in
Evie:Mal's gone back to the Isle. Ben...
Ben:This is my fault. This is my fault.
Ben:I-I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her. I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and--and beg her to come back.
Evie:Ben, you'll never find her.
Ben:-I--
Evie:You need to know how the Isle and how it works and...you have to take me with you
Ben:Yes ! Uh are you sure ?
Evie:Yeah. She is my best friend and we'll bring the boys too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us is really too popular over there right now.
Ben:Thank you!
Evie:But let's get two things straight. You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again.
Ben:I promise.
Evie:And there's no way you're going looking like that.
(Isle of the Lost)
Dizzy:Mal! Is Evie back too?
Mal:As if. I, um, forgot that you guys don't open till midnight. Place looks good. So what is your deal? Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?
Dizzy:Ah, just a witch here and there. Mostly, it's a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping.
Mal:Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment, eh?
Dizzy:Yeah, she's gone from Wicked Stepmother to Wicked Grandmother.
Mal:That's not really much of a switch. Hey, Dizzy, you used to do Evie, right?
Dizzy:Yeah. I thought of the little braids.
Mal:You have any ideas for me?
Dizzy:Mm. The washed-out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins! Oh, what is this, "Bored to Death Pink"? Hmm. How far can I go?
Mal:The works? I mean, whatever makes me feel like me, but, you know... way worse.
Dizzy:Yay!
Mal:Hey! There I am.
Dizzy:Voila!
Mal:Voila.
[Mal then gives Dizzy money]
Dizzy:For me?
Mal:Yeah. You earned it.
Harry:Fork it over, you runt. Now the rest of it. Hmm. Thank you. Mm-hmm.
Mal:Still running errands for Uma, or do you actually get to keep what you steal?
Harry:Well, well, well. What a nice surprise.
Mal:Hi, Harry.
Harry:Just wait until Uma hears you're back. She's never gonna give you back your old territory.
Mal:Oh, well, that's okay. Because I will be taking it.
Harry:I could hurt you.
Mal:Not without her permission, I bet.
[Harry walks out knocking over Dizzy's belongings onto the floor]
Dizzy:Great. More sweeping.