Smack my ass next time!

Let me recap: It was the first day of the convention and we had explored most of the area. My brother and his best friend jumped into a fountain and now we were going to get fast food.

When we got the McDonalds the "kids" were first through the door. The rest of us entered a few moments after.

After everyone had decided what they wanted, I wrote it down and went up alone to the counter to avoid creating a crowd. The others went to go hold us a few tables.

I was about to start reading the orders when someone came up next to me and took my hand. My immediate reaction was of course to smack the stranger's hand away.

I looked up to glare at the tall stranger and.. whoops! I had embarrassed myself in-front of Wilbur YET AGAIN. He looked confused and a tiny bit hurt, he had the right to of course.

I started to think up a reasonable apology when a cashier spoke up.

"What can I get for you two today?"

I had been saved, if only temporarily. After reading the long, long list of meals and drinks I stuck my hand in my pocket, but was immediately hindered by Wilbur.

"I'm paying."

His voice was certain, I had no choice in the question. The last thing I wanted to do was start an argument with a man I'd managed to greatly embarrass myself in front of twice in one day.

I let Wilbur pay and we returned to the table to wait for our food. I felt a weirs sense of relief when I saw the two open seats were on each of the two tables.

I glances over at Wilbur to see him just as relieved. I was absolutely sure he hated my guts, as I was rude to him over and over again.

We ate and talked about everything and anything and I really connected with George, or as everyone else said, "Gogy". After the food, we all took turns to go to the bathroom.

When it was my turn, a woman with a small baby in a carrier ran up to me and begged me to let her go first. I saw her panicked eyes and as everyone else, I knew that feeling.

I let her go first and she quickly thanked me, giving me the baby in the carrier. It would have been awkward to say no so I took it from her strong motherly arms.

I turned around in the little space outside the restrooms only to find Wilbur leaning against the opposite wall with a giant suitcase besides him.

I must have stared because he looked down as if to see if he'd spilled food on his shirt. I didn't know what to say to him, the man which I had acted absolutely horridly to in multiple situations. I finally uttered four measly words.

"Well this is awkward.."

He chuckled a little, which eased my nerves. If he hates me he wouldn't laugh at something I said, would he?

"Does it have to be?"

He looked into my eyes, searching for an answer to all his questions about me in them.

"I sure hope not."

His face lit up, and then I had an revelation. The man didn't hate me, he thought his best friend's sister hated him. I took a deep breath.

"OkaysoI'mreallysorryI'vebeensorudeandallIjustthoughtyouhatedmeforsomestupidreasonIdon'tknowandI'msorryIslammedadoorinyourfaceandsmackedyourhandandifyouwantmetoleaveyoualoneIwillbutthat'llbeoddsincewebotharegonnahangoutwithTommyand-"

( what it says, for people who have a hard time reading it; Okay so I'm really sorry I've been so rude and all. I just thought you hated me for some stupid reason, I don't know, and I'm sorry I slammed a door in your face and smacked your hand and, if you want me to leave you alone I will but that'll be odd since we both are gonna hang out with Tommy and- )

My idiotic ramble was cut off by a loud laugh. I looked up to see him almost dying from laughter and I was sure I had made it worse.

"You thought I hated you? I was convinced you wanted nothing to do with me!"

We were both quiet for a second before I joined in laughing. We laughed until we couldn't breathe anymore, and both the previously stressed mother and the old man to whom the suitcase belonged had exited the restrooms and left the restaurant.

"Why don't you, I don't know, smack my ass next time?"

I chuckled and grinned at the tall man, incredibly relieved. It was almost stupid, how two functioning adults were so terrible at communicating. I joked back;

"I warn you, don't tempt me!"

We both went inside our individual restrooms. Me in the women's, and him in the men's. There was also a unisex stall, which made me smile, as my best friend was nonbinary and possibly the greatest person in the world.

After doing my business, I went to wash my hands in the sink and looked in the small mirror above it. My makeup was running from crying from laughter and my hair was a mess.

I grabbed a paper towel and wiped my stained cheeks and did my best to comb through my mess of a hair using my fingers.

Tommy's best friend didn't hate me! As a very anxious person, it was relaxing to know I hadn't messed up our friendship permanently. I left the bathroom and returned to the table, where the other were getting ready to leave.

Tommy looked at me, full of suspicion.

"What happened over there? What was so funny?"

Hope you guys enjoyed! As always I hope you've had a wonderful day and if you haven't, I hope you'll have a better one tomorrow. Feel free to point out spelling errors and other things, it doesn't bother me as I'm always looking to improve. Bye-bye, my wonderful readers! <3

980 words