No luck

2 months have passed

"So in conclusion, there's nothing we can do. As long as you can't find a way to make a minimum wage, I fear neither me or probably any landlord will be able to take you in."

"But there's no way for me to work, I-"

"I'm sorry Miss Simons, I truly am. There is nothing I can do."

"Please, just-"

*beep*

"No luck?"

I turned around to face the brunette man on the other side of his couch. It was quite small, warmly yellow and had a concerning amount of brown coffee stains on it.

"No, this is just so annoying! I'm fully capable mentally, but most jobs require you to walk and well.. that's kinda out of the question."

I chuckled lightly as he glared at the floor, eyebrows scrunched together in concern.

"You know you're free to stay here for as long as you need. I know this has got to be a great challenge, and I wouldn't really get it."

"Thank you, Will."

He smiled gently at me.

"There has to be some way for you to work without having to walk, though! You could be a streamer, like me and your brother?"

"I suppose, but that would just be me riding off of my brother's fame and I'd honestly rather live on the street. It'd be too embarrassing when people realise, and besides. Surely I'm not as funny or good with people as you two."

I was slightly surprised when Wilbur scooted over next to me and grabbed my hand in his own.

"You know that's not true, and if anyone says that they're a knob."

"I guess the only thing I really have is the house my parents, Tommy and I used to spend the summer in. We own the land, so rent wouldn't be a problem, but I cannot really take care of a whole house on my own."

Wilbur's face scrunched with thought again, before he lit up and turned towards me excitedly.

I looked at him questioningly for a second before it hit me.

"No."

"Whaat?"

"Absolutely not, you have a life and a job! You cannot come with me!!"

"But what if I would like to, besides.. I'm fairly certain chat has other streamers to watch. I'm sure it'd only be temporary?"

"What do you mean?"

"We could stay there until we find you a better solution, or even if by magic you start to walk again!"

I chuckled at his stupid excitement.

"You know that's not going to happen, and also, no way. You're not coming with me, out of the freaking question."

I let go of his hands to reach over and mess up his already messy hair. He laughed and did the same, before standing up.

"I am taller than you and therefore I have bigger authority, I'm coming with you."

"What does that have to do with anything?! Besides, you idiot, I'M SITTING DOWN!!"

"I KNOW, and frankly I do not care. Those are the rules and therefore I'm in charge."

"Fine! I guess?? It's not like I have a choice, since I'm quite literally living in your home."

"Eeeexactly."

He leaned down and kissed me on the head before walking over and bringing the wheelchair to the sofa.

"Get on, we gotta pack thoroughly if we'll be in charge of a whole house."

"Thanks, and also it's more like a cottage. It's tiny."

"Oh, that's fine. It'll be cottagecore pinterest uwu aesthetic."

"Oh, shove off!"

I glared at him, as I used my, now much sturdier, arms to place myself in the chair in front of me.

He laughed at my fake-anger and started walking to his room where my clothes were placed as well as his.

625 words