36

"She Once Had A Friend."

Her eyes were blocked by a black line, but for some reason, the young brown haired girl could see the deep sea of sadness and pain behind them. Her own eyes reflected slight anger and fear and frustration as her mouth parted for a yell.

"What are you doing?!" She recognized her voice from a young age call, a hand outstretched towards the older girl in front of her.

The ten year olds lips quivered as she held her breath.

"Maki... I know y-you're in pain but... Try t-to understand others." The older girl smiled, yet Maki hated the look. It was obviously so sad and filled with false happiness. 

How had she not noticed before?

God, how had she not noticed before when it was so obvious!?

"Y-Yeah, I will! J-Just get down from there, ____!"

The girl only turned around with a small smile and stared as the wind swept through her hair. Her beautiful hair that only added onto the beauty of her face.

The beauty that caused her so much pain.

"Maki..." She muttered, and as she turned slightly to look at Maki, the younger of the two's heart dropped.

"This wasn't your fault."

With only a scream of pain escaping Makis throat, her best friend jumped.

◦ • ● ◉✿✿◉ ● • ◦

Maki woke up with a sweat, breathing heavily and noticing she was sweating so much, her long sleeve shirt was drenched.

She looked around the room and noticed all of them were asleep, except for Kakashi who was staring at her, leaning on his futon and closing his book shut.

Neither of them spoke as she stood up and walked towards the porch of the inn. Sitting down, she pulled her knees closer to her and stared at the beautiful garden in front of her, motionless. Her knee was not bouncing, her fingers were not moving and she wasn't rocking back and forth. It was not normal for Maki.

A moment later, a blanket was draped over her shoulders and an added heat was next to her. 

She just stared, though. 

Kakashi hummed silently and sat with his left leg extended and his right leg bent, draping his right arm over his right leg and laying his hand on her left shoulder.